The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    When Sheffield United beat you 3-0, you can say 'Ah but we won the Champions league'.
    When you're forlornly chasing a 3-0 deficit to Bayern Munich you can say 'Ah but we won the Champions league'.
    When you only draw to Bournemouth or Brighton and loose to West Ham both home and away you can always fall back on 'Ah but we won the Champions league'...

You got stuffed, Without certain protagonists, you had no strength in depth and we stifled the play. Game was over when the red card went out anyway.
    Aubameyang is class, Giroud is 2nd rate.
    You couldn't contain Pepe and Ceballos.

'...ah but we won the...'

And you'll be in the CL next season. For revenue, nothing else.
    Then as soon as the team is starting to look like real league and CL contenders, Abramovich will get bored of Lampard and it will be 'Proshchay'.
    No other team will compete for the PL - it will be noisy neighbours and the scousers for the foreseeable.

We won.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,496
    Not too bad for a rookie manager with nothing to spend...roll on next season :)

In the meantime...

https://youtu.be/CKP3XvqXWvc
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    A bit of Jethro Tull for the Chelsea fans.

https://youtu.be/2YymGJKhGgY
  • pinno
    Red star Belgrade, Aston Villa, Steaua Bucarest, Chelsea.

Illustrious company there.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    You omitted the mighty Nottingham Forest.
  • Stevo_666
    Well it's back tomorrow - and Chelsea have already won the transfer window :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Stevo_666 said:

grasping at straws Stevo? the only 'silverware" this season id suggest given your goalkeeper is still sh1te ;-)

And after spending net £200m this summer ( and your goalie is still sh1te WTF!!! )old Frank's backside is well and truly on the potty. Now doubt he'll have to do the business or get kicked off as your owner isn't known for his patience or restraint with managers, not even Saint Frank's halo will protect him.

Mind you it could be worse, just look at West Ham and Newcastles owners ;-)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

Stevo_666 said:

grasping at straws Stevo? the only 'silverware" this season id suggest given your goalkeeper is still sh1te ;-)

And after spending net £200m this summer ( and your goalie is still sh1te WTF!!! )old Frank's backside is well and truly on the potty. Now doubt he'll have to do the business or get kicked off as your owner isn't known for his patience or restraint with managers, not even Saint Frank's halo will protect him.

Nope, just quick out of the blocks now that we can buy players :smile: You had to eat your words last season, so have some ketchup handy again for the end of this one.

Btw how's your European football looking this season? o:)
  • slowmart
    Stevo_666 said:

slowmart said:

Stevo_666 said:

Nope, just quick out of the blocks now that we can buy players :smile: You had to eat your words last season, so have some ketchup handy again for the end of this one.

Elevate your vision to the future rather than the past ;-)

Every donkey in the Premiership will be taking potshots from 40 yards at the Chelski goal this season, mind you shipping 54 goals last season is a low bar to beat.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

Stevo_666 said:

slowmart said:

Stevo_666 said:

Elevate your vision to the future rather than the past ;-)

Every donkey in the Premiership will be taking potshots from 40 yards at the Chelski goal this season, mind you shipping 54 goals last season is a low bar to beat.
    As to the past, you probably can't remember the last times Wolves won anything. What was it, 1980? :D Bunch of losers.

Long ball footy might be your best strategy given how little talent you have.
  • pinno
    No one can say Wolves punch below their weight.
  • slowmart
    Stevo_666 said:

As to the past, you probably can't remember the last times Wolves won anything. What was it, 1980? :D Bunch of losers.

Long ball footy might be your best strategy given how little talent you have.

In Nuno we trust😉

I’m not sure what’s the furthest in the past, Wolves winning silverware or the appearance of your owner at a home game😉

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

No one can say Wolves punch below their weight.

Bit difficult not to when they're such lightweights :)
  • Stevo_666

:smiley:
  • slowmart

There are some things you can't buy with Russian Roubles, like a residency visa for the UK. o:)

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Having owners based overseas doesn't seem to be an issue for other clubs like City and Liverpool.

Looking further down the league to the small fry, how are the Chinese owners of Wolves these days? :)
  • orraloon
    Who needs a UK residency permit when you have your own personal cruise ship and the City b@nkers are still fine with laundering your cash?
  • slowmart
    Man U look frail at the back.

A one off or a more telling view of what’s to come?

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Man U aren’t the only ones looking frail at the back
  • Stevo_666
    Silly mistakes by Christensen and Arrizabalaga cost us today.

Slowie usually talks a lot of bollox, but he is right that we need a new goalie.
  • pinno
    edited September 2020
    Chelsea shopping checklist:

Jody Morris: Striker?
    Frank L: Yep
    JM: Attacking midfielder?
    FL: Yep
    JM: Another attacking midfielder?!
    FL: Yes indeedy
    JM: Defender?
    JM: Another defender?
    FL: Yep - left back
    JM: Yet another defender?
    FL: Yeah - central
    JM: Goalkeeper?
    FL: Oh bollox.
  • pinno
    Wtf is the world coming to?:

"Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez has left the club on a free transfer..."
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    pinno said:

Wtf is the world coming to?:

"Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez has left the club on a free transfer..."

Good!
    If ever there was an industry that needs to re-evaluate itself, it is elite pro sport.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    But Sanchez was brilliant at Arsenal.

Barca paid £25m for him.
    Then Arsenal did a swap for another player.
    Then he moves for free.

Seems like his career is the wrong way around.
  • orraloon
    Isn't it about ditching the gynormous wage bill attached to Sanchez? Yeah, take him for free. Please.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Chelsea shopping checklist:

Jody Morris: Striker?
    Frank L: Yep
    JM: Attacking midfielder?
    JM: Another attacking midfielder?!
    FL: Yes indeedy
    JM: Defender?
    JM: Another defender?
    FL: Yep - left back
    JM: Yet another defender?
    FL: Yeah - central
    JM: Goalkeeper?
    FL: Oh bollox.

https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54274909

Patience, young trophy dodging Jedi :smile:
  • pinno
    Well he had to didn't he?
    Does Lampy speak French?
  • pinno said:

But Sanchez was brilliant at Arsenal.

Barca paid £25m for him.
    Then Arsenal did a swap for another player.
    Then he moves for free.

Seems like his career is the wrong way around.

Did arsenal fans do a fake promo video of him and his notoriously poor first touch?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    90+10 minutes?
    I guess this is another new normal.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,923
    pblakeney said:

90+10 minutes?
    I guess this is another new normal.

Fergie's law - game continues until Man U get ahead. So refs can get the game finished they give Man U loads of penalties in added time.