The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773
    edited July 2020
    Who ever considered the possibility of Leicester and Wolves in the C.L.? Probably those who saw Leicester winning the league. Unlikely, but you never know.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Bye bye Cherries.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    pinno said:

pblakeney said:

slowmart said:

Leicester lose and I never thought I’d be wishing West Ham to beat Chelski.

Things are looking interesting for a Champions League spot.

Even more so now!
    Any 2 from 4.
    I see what you did there. Ha ha. Does the Euro wotsit get concluded this season and if so, come on Wolves.
    Well done Arsenal. If you hadn't beaten one of the no hopers that would have been embarrassing.

Also, surely Wolves in the Champions league would have caused issues under the trade descriptions act? :smiley:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

pblakeney said:

slowmart said:

Even more so now!
    Any 2 from 4.
    I see what you did there. Ha ha. Does the Euro wotsit get concluded this season and if so, come on Wolves.
    Well done Arsenal. If you hadn't beaten one of the no hopers that would have been embarrassing.

Also, surely Wolves in the Champions league would have caused issues under the trade descriptions act? :smiley:
    No real dog or wolf in this fight, but seriously, how does having a team like Chelsea in the Champions League enhance the competition? A team whose points tally marks them as being as close to relegation as to being champions.

Trades descriptions act indeed!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

pblakeney said:

slowmart said:

Even more so now!
    Any 2 from 4.

Good to see you back, Chelski fan goes missing after loss and appears after win.... ;)

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    Bit of Sham 69 that I think Stevo may enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHND90hpHnk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    It's nice to get up on a Sunday morning to a bit of Chelski fan bashing.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

pblakeney said:

slowmart said:

Even more so now!
    Any 2 from 4.

Good to see you back, Chelski fan goes missing after loss and appears after win.... ;)

Out of interest, where were you yesterday? ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

It's nice to get up on a Sunday morning to a bit of Chelski fan bashing.

Not really a good weekend for small cubs whose name starts with a 'W' is it? :smile:
  • pinno
    Good result for us.
    Good week actually.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    16 years and now they are back. I suppose nobody’s mentioned it because one plague a year is bad enough. >:)B)
  • slowmart
    As a long suffering Wolves fan the phrase which covers any newly promoted clubs is “ it’s easier to win entry than to keep”

Any side to compete with the cockneys, mancs and scousers are welcome
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    NES has done a great job, no doubt about that.

You could probably name at least 10 clubs in the PL that in any season would be relegation candidates if it weren't for good managers.

Burnley keep exceeding expectations.
    But all these 'smaller'clubs do struggle to balance European competition and league position - with the exception of Wolves, which is remarkable.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Good result for us.
    Good week actually.

Yep, at this rate you might even finish above Wolves or Tottenham.
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020
    A good day of football :) I'd like to thank David de Gea in particular.

And well done to plucky little Spurs as well.
  • slowmart
    Should be a good game tomorrow .

Wolves 2 Chelski 0

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020
    slowmart said:

Wolves 2 Chelski 0

I remember you also got a bit cocky just before the last time we played you ;)
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

Wolves 2 Chelski 0

Certainly was a good game ;) You even predicted the 2-0 scoreline correctly.

Now if I understand it right, Wolves don't even get Europa League footy next season - unless we beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final this Friday. So you know who to cheer for :D
  • ballysmate
    I assume Chelsea have qualified for the Arsene Wenger trophy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 said:

mtb-idle said:

fellow Chelsea fan here. at the start of the season Super Frank was being called out as the first manager for the chop and the most inexperienced in the top six.

Now look where he is, sitting pretty in 4th, playing great football and with an adoring fanbase.

Yep, Super Frank is doing a (er) super job given he's a newbie with a zero budget for players currently.

I'll be perfectly happy with a CL as the return for this season. Then when we start spending again, things will get interesting...
    As mentioned back in November Bally, I'm happy :)
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

It looks like Super Frank is Chelsea bound, if I was generous I’d say the potential appointment is being made with the heart rather than the head as it’s a step change from previous managerial appointments.

But RA has never been sentimental in running the club so is it a outcome that he can’t get a residency visa in the UK and now Switzerland?

Frank will appease the fan base, the transfer ban is outside the clubs control so is it a hunker down and aim to finish above Wolves this season while a sale is negotiated?

;)
  • slowmart
    edited July 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

slowmart said:

Wolves 2 Chelski 0

Certainly was a good game ;) You even predicted the 2-0 scoreline correctly.

Now if I understand it right, Wolves don't even get Europa League footy next season - unless we beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final this Friday. So you know who to cheer for :D

That’s ok we are still in this years tournament, which if we win, will qualify for next years Europa league ;-)

It’s been an unusual season but 6 weeks before we kick off again. 👍

I’m pleased I didn’t suggest a bet between us, you lose you donate to the BLM movement and if Wolves lostI’d put some Russian roubles in the Tory party coffers. And i was going to give you the draw;-)

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Yep, only 6 weeks to the new season. And we can spend now :)

And roll on Friday, we'll do our best to keep your European dreams alive. I'm sure those wet November Thursday nights in Bulgaria will be worth it ;)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Haven’t checked if we have qualified for Europe yet 😎
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Haven’t checked if we have qualified for Europe yet 😎

So Liverpool won the PL and the gov't is paying people not to work. Somewhere out there is a Scouser with a lamp wondering what to do with his last wish.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Good to see that Alice won the Glass Crankers fantasy league. Demonstrates inclusivity, that we don't have gender barriers, that we are an open and welcoming online community.

Maybe this should have gone into the Cheers Up thread but not trivial is it?
  • pinno
    Hats off to Los Locos Acapulcos.

• pinno
    Strangely quiet around here :)
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2020
    Bad day at the office and some rather poor refs decisions IMHO. See you in Europe next season. Oh, hang on, we're not headed for Bulgaria on a Thursday night... :smiley:
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

Bad day at the office and some rather poor refs decisions IMHO. See you in Europe next season. Oh, hang on, we're not headed for Bulgaria on a Thursday night... :smiley:

Yet?