The Friday night christ i'm f.ucking bored thread...

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,525
    Nice hot cup of coffee in your new coffee mug?

I've been out tonight so so I'm not square like you fekkin saddos.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,356
    Stevo 666 wrote:

A coffee cup with 'Unt' written on it?! :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

A coffee cup with 'Unt' written on it?! :wink:
    Glad you've been paying attention :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Back from a night out with the current wife and some friends seeing blues boy dan - fantastic music but much better cider :)
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    this friday was pants here. keep getting the prompt to upgrade windows 8 to 8.1 so decided to press the button. 3.2 gig download and a couple of hours later im left without the internet on my PC. Tried everything I know which aint much but nowt worked so went to bed with much wailing, gnashing of teeth and grumbling at missus

this morning managed to isolate the prob to the wireless adapter from netgear, updated the driver and all is peace and harmony again. I assume that they have had many months to test this so has not enhanced my opinion of microsoft one jot. And my thoughts on 8.1? pretty much the same as 8 really
  • pinno
    I loathe my Windows 8 version 8 point f*ck knows on my laptop. Had no choice. My PC is still running a dodgy copy of Windows xp and it is so stable.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Right, so we know that Sean is staying in for some strap on action with his new squeeze, matthewh is off out for a meal with his wife and some friends including Elton John and David Furnish, and like me, Veronese68 is being a cheap skate and staying in for dinner but going out next week when it's cheaper again :wink:

What about everyone else, I bet some of you are real closet Casanova's aren't you :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    Right, so we know that Sean is staying in for some strap on action with his new squeeze, matthewh is off out for a meal with his wife and some friends including Elton John and David Furnish, and like me, Veronese68 is being a cheap skate and staying in for dinner but going out next week when it's cheaper again :wink:

What about everyone else, I bet some of you are real closet Casanova's aren't you :lol:

If they're in the closets, my mates might be interested......
  • Stevo_666
    Well I was hoping for some payment in kind after buying the FPO some chocs from 'Hotel Chocolat'. Unfortunately she's got me chocolates in return...
  • pinno
    I am in tonight. As 'in' is the new 'out'. I expect some action on here.
  • Stevo_666
    I am in tonight. As 'in' is the new 'out'. I expect some action on here.
    Maybe - back later: need to have a slightly soggy ride home first...
  • pinno
    How was it then?
  • arran77
    He's probably been blown off Waterloo Bridge :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Not wet in the end but farkin 'ell it was windy.

Nearly came to a complete standstill a few times and Arran you were right, I got blown sideways big time going over Waterloo Bridge. Glad there was nothing near me at the time :shock:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not wet in the end but farkin 'ell it was windy.

Nearly came to a complete standstill a few times and Arran you were right, I got blown sideways big time going over Waterloo Bridge. Glad there was nothing near me at the time :shock:

Just like Scotland then, most of the year round.
  • Stevo_666
    True, but London in the wind has lots of little surprises when you come out of the cover of a building and it goes from almost no wind one second to a frikkin big gust the next. Just add a bit of traffic to the mix and it all gets quite 'interesting'.

Anyhow, made it home OK with some judicious use of the 'small ring' and now have a bottle of Absolut to tuck into as a reward.
  • pinno
    I hope it is stone cold out of the freezer.

When out on the road on a very windy day, it's the effect of a van or a truck going by that gets me. You get sucked into the draft momentarily before the wind hits you again.
    I had fun on Monday. Despite coming back in a tail wind doing 25mph+, I only averaged 13.7mph. Funny being on the flat in 39x23 and having to stand on yer pedals.
    I say, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
  • Stevo_666
    Absolutely.

Anyhow, was a good bit of practice for next Friday's van assisted day in Wales - likely to be a bit breezy up the top of the hill.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Absolutely.

Anyhow, was a good bit of practice for next Friday's van assisted day in Wales - likely to be a bit breezy up the top of the hill.

You see, that's where you and me are going to fall out. You communted on a day like today, survived and then tucked into a bottle of Absolut (street cred) and then pi$$ it all up with those two words. :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Absolutely.

You see, that's where you and me are going to fall out. You communted on a day like today, survived and then tucked into a bottle of Absolut (street cred) and then pi$$ it all up with those two words. :roll:
    Plenty of other people will say that's the third bit of cred :wink: Anyway, Don't knock it till you've tried it 8) That's where I'm off to next week. Taking the van isn't so daft when you're on a 15kg+ bike and dressed in enough body armour to go jousting.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Anyway, Don't knock it till you've tried it 8) That's where I'm off to next week. Taking the van isn't so daft when you're on a 15kg+ bike and dressed in enough body armour to go jousting.

looks fun - you will need to get the new bike to maximise the fun :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Anyway, Don't knock it till you've tried it 8) That's where I'm off to next week. Taking the van isn't so daft when you're on a 15kg+ bike and dressed in enough body armour to go jousting.

They might not be running the uplift on new DH track by next Friday - it may just be the old track, which isn't too shabby. Either way, it gives me an incentive to upgrade sometime soon as the Bruiser is good but isn't the ideal bike for uplifts :)

The burd in the video clip is a good rider isn't she...
  • pinno
    Looks like there is a whole load of sharp nasty looking Welsh slate lying around (in wait).

That was a burd?!? Fair play to her.
  • Stevo_666
    Looks like there is a whole load of sharp nasty looking Welsh slate lying around (in wait).
    Yep, hence the body armour - especially as you're expecting to stack it from time to time - or quite frequently in my case. With the right kit you come away with a few scratches and bruises usually. Also the van allows you to get a dozen runs in as long as light doesn't stop play, whereas you'd be lucky to manage more than 3 goes if you pedalled up (1.9km track with a 250m vertical drop so about 13% avg gradient: a dozen runs in a day is the same vertical as going from Chamonix to the top of Mont Blanc...)
    That was a burd?!? Fair play to her.
    Good eh. This is her. Quite 'presentable' as well :)
  • arran77
    image.jpg

seanoconn
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown or B B King on BBC4?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just got back from said fun place where I necked cans of 'Monster' and chucked myself off cliffs while dressed like Robocop. Had a bit of rain and wind and the odd hailstorm but nothing that couldn't be solved with a bit of MTFU :) Unfortunately the uplift* for the new DH track won't be running for a while.

(* Guaranteed to send Pinno into an apoplectic fit at the thought of people getting a lift to the top of a hill to ride down. Makes mental note to do more...)

So, how are all you saddos? :wink:
  • arran77
    Sounds like a good day Stevo, uplift or no uplift :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Yep, a great day out Arran and lots of UPLIFT in a van that took me to the top of the hill 9 times. I think you should come along next time as well :mrgreen:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Yep, a great day out Arran and lots of UPLIFT in a van that took me to the top of the hill 9 times. I think you should come along next time as well :mrgreen:

Sounds like a plan - wonder if any Scottish members would fancy a go?