Painting frame where to buy

brearley
brearley Posts: 165
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
As it's the end of the season I'm going to strip my road bike down and have a friend who's offered to respray it.
I need to buy the colours so need a white as a base coat for frame and fork and also I've decided on one of the house of Kolor colours. I need to know where to buy it and what quantities to buy. The house of Kolor paints seem to come in 4oz or quarters? I need roughly 500ml of that and probably 300ml brilliant white.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    http://www.house-of-kolor.co.uk/

They appear to be American, so I'm assuming
    4oz = 118ml
    1quart = 946ml
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    keef66 wrote:

4oz = 118ml
    1quart = 946ml

I assume you drink Lager by the 568.261485 millilitres :wink:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • keef66
    smidsy wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

4oz = 118ml
    1quart = 946ml

I assume you drink Lager by the 568.261485 millilitres :wink:

Generally drink bitter or stout on the rare occasions I find myself in a pub in this country, but then yes, in pints. Lager and other exotic brews usually restricted to when I'm travelling in Germany / Holland / Belgium / France, and I'll drink it in whatever shape and size glass it comes in. Particularly partial to a large weissbier.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Can't your friend help you on this ?

A professional paint job is worth getting - the frame will look brand new. And they'll source stickers for you.
  • brearley
    brearley Posts: 165
    you guys have your measurements wrong anyway.
    1 quart = 1 quarter US Gallon = 1.13litre

I've decided to buy 1 Quart main paint and will have two bikes done rather than one. He'll source the white paint and I've already got someone to make up some graphics for me.
    His dad is a professional bodywork painter so I have no issues getting it done.
  • brearley wrote:
    you guys have your measurements wrong anyway.
    1 quart = 1 quarter US Gallon = 1.13litre

A US Gallon is 3.785 litres so a US Quart is 0.946 litres (as opposed to a proper gallon which is 4.54 litres :D )
  • keef66
    US and UK fluid measurements are all bloody different.

Their fluid ounce is bigger than ours, but they only have 16 fl oz to a pint whereas we have 20, so our pint is bigger than theirs. Interestingly we both have 8 pints to the gallon, but that still makes their gallon smaller than ours; ditto a quart (= quarter gallon = 2 pints) is smaller in the US than the UK. How they ever put a man on the moon is beyond me.

Thankfully someone invented the SI system
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    keef66 wrote:
    How they ever put a man on the moon is beyond me.
    They haven't
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Wasnt it that Mars Lander that went wrong ? Mixed up Imperial and Metric measures ? Oops.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Have you considered Hammerite? :D
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • keef66
    smidsy wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    How they ever put a man on the moon is beyond me.
    They haven't

You mean that Armstrong bloke was a pathological liar? Nicely back on topic... :D