Wiggle White Peak

lesz42
lesz42 Posts: 690
edited October 2013 in Road beginners
have done a few mtb events this year, and the Cheshire cat ( short) , and the back to back mtb and sportive at Ruthin

just done on sunday the White peak, first event over 60 miles, 6200 or feet of climbing, mega tough! felt you were going up or down, no flat ?

weather was bad after the food station, and had cramp for the last 30 miles, bearing in mind, i have only ever cycled beyond 50 miles, 2 twice this year, and that was in the past month

i ride a hybrid ( more comfy) but its a heavy beast ( 31 lb) , thinking of a boardman hybrid!

good day apart from the mega cramps ! :)
Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5

Comments

• lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    thanks!, was out of my comfort zone, but look back now, and " I did it!"
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Has anybody got the route for the 62mile ride because I can't get it off the site, I live in the area and I wanted to give it a go.
  • Bozman - Here you go....

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3480325

I had a pass from the wife but bottled it when I saw the weather. I spend quite a bit of time in the peaks and have ridden most of the route and the area is brilliant and scenic.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Thank you for the replies folks.