Whats in you rucksack?????

2»

Comments

• sofaboy73
    sofaboy73 Posts: 574
    all sorts of crap which seems to accumulate but i have no memory of putting in there. as well as the frequently mentioned above:

gear cable - rare one snaps but right pain when they do
    chain breaker - find the ones on multi tools a pain
    shock pump
    mini pliers
    small roll of gaffer tape
    emergency lights
    tyre boot
    spare brake pads
    jelly babies (although they never seem to stay long)
    lighter - no idea why, gave up smoking ages ago
  • Depends how remote you are. For a local ride if the wife's at home then a puncture repair kit with pump so i can finish my ride for the sake of a single thorn - and water on the bike. (And a phone).

Slightly further/wife not at home then include spare tube, multi tool, chain quick link, tyre boot (cut from plastic milk bottle), spoke key, emergency lights (flashers) depending on proximity of ride to sunset. No point in getting hit by a car because a tech issue or two delayed you by an hour and your daylight ride now isn't.

More remote, then even more stuff including clothing, food and first aid.

Bottom line is - what is the best and worse case scenario regarding a tech issue/injury where you are.
    5 miles from your house and close to main roads then as long as you have a phone signal not much is an issue. In a relatively remote area in a foreign country (was in a national park in Phoenix, AZ recently) then you may need to be self sufficient for many hours in case of medical evacuation, or have several hours hike till you reach a road where you can extract a broken bike that could have been ridden for the sake of some basic tools....

And ultimately, be it first aid or bike tools - very little point carrying them if you have no idea how to use them...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Bladder
    Puncture repair kit and a tube
    Minipump
    Big tyre lever (about the size of a screwdriver)
    Multi tool with chain breaker
    Leatherman with blade and pliers
    Spare gear cable
    lightweight waterproof jacket
    spare section of chain and power links
    gaffer tape
    Spare dropout
    Second pair of gloves
    Cable ties
    Paracord (bracelet)
    chain lube
    flapjacks
    Jellybabies (if they last)
    front and rear light
    painkillers
    small first aid kit with swaps gloves plasters gauze, dressing and anti septic spray

Somehow i cram that lot into a camelbak Mule
    Always have my keys phone wallet an some cash incase
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I have a submarine, a giraffe and a Higgs Boson.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Yeah - good point - strange that I forgot.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • H20, multitool, shitty fucking half broken twatting sports direct pump :x spanner, puncture kit, phone, headphones and a couple of wet wipes for when shit gets in my eyes as I don't get my eyewear till chrimbo :roll: and thats it eh.
  • Step83 wrote:
    Bladder
    Puncture repair kit and a tube
    Minipump
    Big tyre lever (about the size of a screwdriver)
    Multi tool with chain breaker
    Leatherman with blade and pliers
    Spare gear cable
    lightweight waterproof jacket
    spare section of chain and power links
    gaffer tape
    Spare dropout
    Second pair of gloves
    Cable ties
    Paracord (bracelet)
    chain lube
    flapjacks
    Jellybabies (if they last)
    front and rear light
    painkillers
    small first aid kit with swaps gloves plasters gauze, dressing and anti septic spray

Somehow i cram that lot into a camelbak Mule
    Always have my keys phone wallet an some cash incase

You minimalist :lol:
  • H20, multitool, sh!tty ******* half broken twatting sports direct pump :x spanner, puncture kit, phone, headphones and a couple of wet wipes for when shoot gets in my eyes as I don't get my eyewear till chrimbo :roll: and thats it eh.
    Muc off wet lube aswell.
  • my bag contains most things that other have already mentioned, as well as:

nitrile gloves in case I have to change a tube (or repair a puncture) because that muck on tyres really stains your hands and in turn - everything else you own.

spare batteries for lights (or spare lights) - depending on the bike

:)
  • All I usually have is water and my phone. I'm asking for trouble, I guess.
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    Bladder, small multitool, tyre lever, patches, inner tube, mech hanger, minipump, inhaler, flapjack, sometimes a phone and wallet... but ALWAYS a sharp knife
  • Really surprised no one else carries one of mans most basic desires... The ability to make Fire ! Always carry a cigarette lighter with all my other crap.