Lombardia on Eurosport

GGBiker
GGBiker Posts: 450
edited October 2013 in Pro race
Been waiting all day for this, why is there Indian Cricket on? was meant to start 1/2 hr ago.

p.s. please no spoilers!!

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Live sport innit.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Crap interview after crap interview.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • was pretty annoyed by this too. However they did actually then shift the whole schedule and show 90 minutes instead of cutting it to an hour. Decent enough highlights package in the end
  • dave milne wrote:
    was pretty annoyed by this too. However they did actually then shift the whole schedule and show 90 minutes instead of cutting it to an hour. Decent enough highlights package in the end

Repeated 3 or 4 times tomorrow, too.
    The Balkan Eurosport on the Dutch sat had 2 and a half hours of the Franco Belge live with Quiggers and Backstedt,
    plus Lombardia live.
    They'll never be any good at cricket! :)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Was doing my nut in as well. Eventually had to make way for the Mrs to watch Strictly Come Prancing, so had to record Lombardia and watch it after. Well worth it though, good race.
  • Always a great race. Deserves a year of better weather to show it off.

Eurosport have in the main been pretty decent this year. No complaints from me.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    The Balkan Eurosport on the Dutch sat had 2 and a half hours of the Franco Belge live with Quiggers and Backstedt,
    plus Lombardia live.
    They'll never be any good at cricket! :)
    They must be OK with Rugby when you watch it.

Somebody mentioned "Kirby"
    Well i bumped into Lombardi on SKY Sports 4 with Kirby wetting his knickers as usual.
    I didn't stay too long.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Someone from Eurosport phoned me up yesterday. I should have voiced your complaints.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Eurosport have been really good this year in terms of coverage - I think quite a few more events have been shown, making up (perhaps) for the loss of the Worlds, Qatar and Romandie. Although the coverage of 2.2 races doesn't really grab me, I have tuned into some of the British 4th tier stuff.

What they do need to address is the elephant in the room that is their commentary team. Assuming David Harmon is not returning, they need to sort out the A team. While beloved Carlton has that job, he has non-Eurosport commitments to RCS races so cannot do any Italian classic or Tour. Rob Hatch seems to work for whoever makes the phone ring. Declan Quigley's monotone drone just drains the enthusiasm of the sport from me.