Cav's Wedding

Tusher
Tusher Posts: 2,762
edited March 2014 in Pro race
Clearly, if he'd only met me first, then I would have instantly divorced the Rev Tusher and be racing down the aisle this afternoon.

I have no idea what on earth he sees in this Ms Todd.

But I have started this thread purely because there is no place in more erudite ones about the intricacies of wedding gown bitching.

Although I am looking forward to seeing a photo of wee Delilah- I'm sure she'll look gorgeous.

And I'll raise a glass for the unfortunate Melissa, so cruelly dumped a couple of years back after sticking by her man through teenager hood and the lean years. Not that he had many, of course, but the poor lassie had already bought her wedding dress. I've never quite forgiven Cav for that.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Surely this should have spoilers if you're going to discuss the dress?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Tusher wrote:
    ... but the poor lassie had already bought her wedding dress. I've never quite forgiven Cav for that.

Unforgivable. But more importantly, will the groom have a longer, better-drilled, train than the bride?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I assume he will have Bernie back for one day only.
  • Tusher
    Yes, I would imagine Bertie will be the Matron of Honour.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I believe he wanted to wear green...
    Half man, Half bike
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Will Tony Martin, Bernie Eisel and Mark Renshaw have a little 'go' with the bride before the marriage is consumated? Just to get her warmed up for the big finish.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tusher wrote:
    Are you blind?

Not that I'd marry her...
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Tusher wrote:
    Are you blind?

Not that I'd marry her...

I think you have called that perfectly
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Ridgerider wrote:
    I believe he wanted to wear green...

...but Sagan wouldn't let him.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    Will Tony Martin, Bernie Eisel and Mark Renshaw have a little 'go' with the bride before the marriage is consumated? Just to get her warmed up for the big finish.

Bad taste.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:

Bad taste.
    Is this before you attended church this morning or are you about to go. ??
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    deejay wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Bad taste.

You missed out 'after'.

The absence and diminishing presence has a huge influence in degrading society and humanity and creating a worse place to live.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Tusher wrote:
    Clearly, if he'd only met me first, then I would have instantly divorced the Rev Tusher and be racing down the aisle this afternoon.

But I have started this thread purely because there is no place in more erudite ones about the intricacies of wedding gown bitching.

Although I am looking forward to seeing a photo of wee Delilah- I'm sure she'll look gorgeous.

And I'll raise a glass for the unfortunate Melissa, so cruelly dumped a couple of years back after sticking by her man through teenager hood and the lean years. Not that he had many, of course, but the poor lassie had already bought her wedding dress. I've never quite forgiven Cav for that.

I met Cav and Melissa at the Braveheart ride and dinner (quite) a while back. Were you that lady demanding to "be seen by Cav, alone" and had to be dragged away kicking and screaming?
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    deejay wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Bad taste.

You missed out 'after'.

The absence and diminishing presence has a huge influence in degrading society and humanity and creating a worse place to live.
    I think Frenchie has me blocked (which breaks my heart, it really does), but if someone could point him in this direction he might learn something useful. Him complaining about bad taste is pretty hilarious.
  • Tusher
    skylla wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

I met Cav and Melissa at the Braveheart ride and dinner (quite) a while back. Were you that lady demanding to "be seen by Cav, alone" and had to be dragged away kicking and screaming?

:D

Alas, if only...............

I mean, here am I, an experienced woman who adores baking, cooking and knitting, and who is, although I say so myself, generally considered to be 'low-maintenance'. A woman who would have been considered handsomely plump in another era. A woman who knows how to iron, and who would never let her husband out of the door with a stubble. (Well, I would, but the Rev Tusher sports a rather fetching beard). A woman who doesn't mind if her OH routinely forgets birthdays, Christmas and anniversaries. (Although he did generously bring home a bag of chips on our silver weddning). A woman who has been interested in pro cycling since, um, well, since before Cav was born.

I just can't understand why they're not all queuing up

Sigh.

Still, I see links to Bible verses, so I assume my work here is done.
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    adr82 wrote:
    deejay wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Bad taste.

You missed out 'after'.

I think Frenchie has me blocked (which breaks my heart, it really does), but if someone could point him in this direction he might learn something useful. Him complaining about bad taste is pretty hilarious.

Kind of agree with Frenchie on this one, no need.
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • JamLala wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    deejay wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Bad taste.

You missed out 'after'.

Kind of agree with Frenchie on this one, no need.

Not sure there's any need for people to be offended by this. Imagine the (admittedly lame) gag was cracked by people at the wedding.

In terms of religion, I agree to some extent with Frenchie. Religious people believe they are judged by a higher power (I realise I'm over-simplifying!), so avoiding getting caught by the police doesn't mean they get away with it. I firmly believe religion leads to lower crime in general, but religion also drives many wars etc - so it's swings & roundabouts really.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    And so it begins..

8HcbXw7.gif
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    ThomThom wrote:
    And so it begins..

8HcbXw7.gif

I'm so going to practice that with a chair... :lol::lol::lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    :D:D:D
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,232
    Going by "The Book of Heavyweight" (Kerrison's training manual), following the Almighty's (Brailsford) plan, leading (from the front) by example, all for one and one for all, on a quest for the pure of blood, turning water into whine ("I can't fuKcing descend in the Roman rain!"), crusading against those maverick infidels who are afflicted with The Panache...

I know the perfect team for those seeking the path of righteousness!
  • ddraver
    ARRGGGHHHHH TRAPPED MY FINGERS!!!

:cry::cry::cry:
    - @ddraver
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,004
    OT - (not worth a thread of its own) for Tusher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFusxBYH6yI
  • ddraver
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Man, he can't act can he....
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Mad_Malx wrote:

- @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Wow, bizarre first post thread resurrection!
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    The link they left is to their wedding photography business by the look off it.

So i'm writing it off as spam and a crude attempt to get more hits to increase their google ranking. :roll:
  • Der Kaiser
    Der Kaiser Posts: 172
    ddraver wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Good job he's not trying to earn a living as an actor.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    The link they left is to their wedding photography business by the look off it.

So i'm writing it off as spam and a crude attempt to get more hits to increase their google ranking. :roll:

This is correct, there was another spam attack a few days ago...or maybe Cav is just feeling a little insecure and unloved at the moment
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition