rough roads

grim168
grim168 Posts: 482
edited September 2013 in Road general
Had a spin over the trough of bowland this afternoon. God those roads are rough. Not particularly potholed just rough surfaced. Think its time to try 25mm tyres.

Comments

• dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    I also ride in the area and couldnt agree with you more. Its a shame because it is such a nice area to ride in.
    The road leading up to the Nick o' Pendle is also very rough, makes it even more of a slog.
  • Yep. Lancashire County Council totally neglect the Ribble Valley and Bowland yet we pay more tax in these areas too !

Heading north once your over the trough through Marshaw the roads are terrible. I go left off to Garstang and its so bad.

A friend had a lucky escape going down Hallgate Hill towards Newton because of a pot-hole over 9 inch deep and as wide as 1/2 the road. he was going 45mph just after the bend and the hole was hidden. After numerous complaints and compensations they eventually filled it.
  • 'road dressing' under trees just doesn't work. If you desend down the 'easy' side of the trough the next mile or two of road surface is knackered, it makes a nice fast desent blo#dy hard work.
  • grim168
    managed 45mph on one desent.
  • grim168
    managed 45mph on one decent which was maybe a bit reckless as I was on my own :shock: