i need a brake change in my commencal Meta SX

javirtual
javirtual Posts: 25
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hei guys,

I have a Commencal Meta SX 2012, pretty happy with my bike, but a little dissapointed about the break performance. I want a kit of Sram's X0 trail brakes. The question is, i think is almost imposible to guide tru the frame the new brake cables, looks very tight. I am not sure how to do it, and i don't want to use my money in the brakes and not be able to put it in place. I just, remember that was a nightmare to route tru the frame the reverb cables.

Any sugestions or tricks?? videos or guide???

Thanks in advance for the advice and help.
Javier (from Spain living in Norway)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    before removing the old brakes insert an inner brake cable up the hose. then remove the hose. the brake inner cable will still be there. thread the now hose over the inner cable. when routed through the frame fit the end and connect to the lever then bleed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    nicklouse wrote:
    before removing the old brakes insert an inner brake cable up the hose. then remove the hose. the brake inner cable will still be there. thread the now hose over the inner cable. when routed through the frame fit the end and connect to the lever then bleed.
    Don't forget to remove the inner cable before connecting the brake hose to the lever!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thank you very much for the info. Now i am ready for the job. :D