I joined the century club :)

bomb_d
bomb_d Posts: 39
edited September 2013 in Road general
Well i just thought id post my sundays work which was 100 miles on my trusty old Giant OCR in the london bikeathon.

i also want to say a huge thank you to all the people on the day that helped me along, i had a great day and would never have made the hills without you guys.

would i do it again...... not so sure. roads not being closed off was a bit of a nightmare at the end and a bit of a spoiler for me but otherwise a great event.

think i will do another event like this but i am thinking a nicer bike...... now how do i tell the mrs :)

Comments

• pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    Congrats on the 100. And especially in London. Flatish roads but loads of traffic!
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Congrats on the 100.Nice one.Always room for a nicer bike.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Bomb_D wrote:
    Well ithink i will do another event like this but i am thinking a nicer bike...... now how do i tell the mrs :)

Don't. Buy it and then tell her.

Remember the Golden Rule: It is always better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission :mrgreen:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Good work on completing the 100. As for telling the mrs, if you can't get away with not saying anything, practice saying "What bike? Oh, that old thing. I've had it for ages. Thought I'd mentioned it to you. No, it wasn't dear at all" until it trips off the tongue. Plus hide the receipt....
  • yep buy it and then say " i didnt think you would care" with a sad pathetic face lol