I'd wager I am more stupid than you!!

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited September 2013 in Road general
So on saturday I got a puncture, big bit of glass straight through the tyre and left a pretty nasty cut in the casing. I thought, as it was a new tyre, i'd see how I got on without putting a new tyre on.

Yesterday on my way home, about a mile from home it was all feeling a little bouncy at the back and i'd got another puncture, but it was going down slowly enough for me to make it home. So i decided that i'd change the tyre too as a bit of gravel had gone through the same place as the glass.

i got all my levers and spare tubes out of my bag and also, very foolishly, the tube which i hadnt taken out of my bag from saturday that had burst! so swapped the new tyre on, went to pump it up and, of course, i'd put the punctured tube from saturday back on!!

then put a new tube on and in my annoyance i pinched the tube between the rim and the tyre and pumped it up only for it to burst!!

third time... lucky!!

i really shouldnt be allowed to do anything other than sit and eat when i'm tyred (i know i spelt that wrong but i was going for the pun!) and angry after work!!
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• chris_bass
    oh, and i realise thats a bit of a long story without much going on so feel free to post 'cool story bro..' etc!!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Chris Bass wrote:
    oh, and i realise thats a bit of a long story without much going on so feel free to post 'cool story bro..' etc!!

No, that's a very interesting story and has brightened up my day no end, thanks for sharing :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,421
    I'm not going to take up the wager thanks :lol:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    That's a pretty bold wager considering the quality of the competition in Road General!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,388
    I've pinched two inner tubes before but putting on a punctured tube again is hard to beat :lol: OT, I once looked for a gas leak with a candle.

Still, cool story bro
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Chris Bass wrote:

Have you forgotten where we are? :P

Riveting_tale_chap.jpg
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • I thought I was the only one cack handed enough to regularly puncture a new tube with tyre levers... Good to know i'm not alone.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Me too, my first attempts were in the dark, cold and wet and five miles from home. Either my replacement tube was defective or I pinched it and was the only one I had. Missus didn't have her mobile with her so had a long walk. Fortunately I was well dressed so didn't freeze but deffo a lesson learned...
  • Top tip: tie your punctured tubes in a knot.

I too learned the hard way.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • chris_bass
    Top tip: tie your punctured tubes in a knot.

I too learned the hard way.

that's a great idea!! i usually stick them in the bin when i get to one but had forgotten this time!

it had been a long day and i think i was racing to get it done before my food was ready, lets just say my food was definitely well done by the time I finiished!!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,388
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Me too, my first attempts were in the dark, cold and wet and five miles from home. Either my replacement tube was defective or I pinched it and was the only one I had. Missus didn't have her mobile with her so had a long walk. Fortunately I was well dressed so didn't freeze but deffo a lesson learned...
    What is it with your Missus and her phone!? :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Surely this can't beat the guy that put on a Gatorskin tyre inside out?? :-p
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    What is it with your Missus and her phone!? :lol:

I think it's just a coincidence, when Mikey23 goes out on his bike Mrs Mikey23's phone 'doesn't work' :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Hmm... Hadn't thought of that

The truth is somewhat boring. Missus is a bit of a Luddite when it comes to phones, she still has one of those old silver nokia's and pretty much for emergency use only. Quite often its hanging around at home. She has a class of 30 rising 5s to teach so it is switched off during the day. Contactable via the school secretary but would not be impressed to be dragged away just because idiot husband can't change a puncture!
  • arran77
    That could be a valuable lesson for the children, come and learn how to change a tube on Mikey23's bike :P

seanoconn
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    Didn't put a punctured tube on, but I did get the whole thing changed just to find the pump was removed from my bike.

Tried pumping it up with my mouth which worked wonderfully for the first two psi. Annoyingly a stranger had just offered me a lift and I said no thanks as I'd just popped the tire back on and seconds away from pumping.

Its now cable tied to my bike lol
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • hatch87 wrote:
    Didn't put a punctured tube on, but I did get the whole thing changed just to find the pump was removed from my bike.

Tried pumping it up with my mouth which worked wonderfully for the first two psi. Annoyingly a stranger had just offered me a lift and I said no thanks as I'd just popped the tire back on and seconds away from pumping.

Its now cable tied to my bike lol

I think you won the wager.."pump bike tyre with your mouth"..LOL
  • Mikey23
    Has this been posted on YouTube? Can see this going viral...
  • Mikey23
    Can see the headline ... Pervert gives his bike a BJ...
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    arran77 wrote:
    That could be a valuable lesson for the children, come and learn how to change a tube on Mikey23's bike :P

Better than this lesson:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24117682
  • arran77
    mrfpb wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Better than this lesson:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24117682

Sex education's got a bit more realistic than in my day :lol:

seanoconn
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Can see the headline ... Pervert gives his bike a BJ...

lmao Next time I'll do it in the woods so its a bit more private, rather than outside a school. I don't want to end up on a register and a restraining order from my bike, I just love it soo much, but not to much 8)
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!