No Kissy Kissy

ianwilliams
ianwilliams Posts: 257
edited September 2013 in Pro race
One thing I've noticed, from watching only the highlights admittedly, is that the Tour of Britain podium girl(s) don't give the winner a kiss.

If that's the case then its a nice touch, what with the whole fact that we're not stuck in the 1970's anymore.

Comments

• Got it wrong mate - the reason for no kissy kissy is nuttin to do wit that feminist malarkey it's that we ain't europeans. When I meet my French mates they kiss me (and I'm old, fat, hairy & ugly enough that my bloody wife don't kiss me any more!).
    ‘There is No Try. There is only Do. Or do not.’
  • True...my Italian friends likewise. But I always read the kiss as an outdated sexist thing - I'm pretty sure Bernard Hinault doesn't give the stage winners in France a kiss!

Anyway, just something to notice after a great day's racing.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Health and safety issue... Possibility of spreading transmissible diseases
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    True...my Italian friends likewise. But I always read the kiss as an outdated sexist thing - I'm pretty sure Bernard Hinault doesn't give the stage winners in France a kiss!

Anyway, just something to notice after a great day's racing.

He's more likely to give someone a Glasgow kiss in my book
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Surely if we weren't in the 1970s we wouldn't have podium girls at all? Not that I'd be complaining if I ever made it onto a podium...
  • BigMat wrote:
    Surely if we weren't in the 1970s we wouldn't have podium girls at all? Not that I'd be complaining if I ever made it onto a podium...
    Agree. If she's going to be there, she should at least be wearing sponsor's stuff? Otherwise 'because she's fit and we want Sagan here next year' is the only reason I can think of.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Brad and Cav get kisses today. Is it home riders only? :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Yeah, noticed Brad got one yesterday. Maybe the Euros don't fancy our women.
  • Gypsies
    Gypsies Posts: 403
    Pross wrote:

And who could blame them :mrgreen:
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Gypsies wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Oh, I dunno - the current podium girl looks very nice - and her dress certainly fits :D
  • Lucan2 wrote:
    Gypsies wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Oh, I dunno - the current podium girl looks very nice - and her dress certainly fits :D

Today's podium girl was very kissy kissy indeed.So much so i had a quick shower after the race just to cool down. :lol:
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Gypsies
    Gypsies Posts: 403
    Think she was spanish or italian far too fit for uk woman in my opinion
  • Gypsies wrote:

Ha! She is no more good looking than many females from England. Do you really think they had to import such an example of crumpet because we dont have it?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Gypsies wrote:
    She's from Swansea

http://www.starnow.co.uk/Lisamedwell
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gypsies wrote:
    She's from Swansea

Yeah and Catherine Zeta Jones. Must be the water.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gypsies wrote:
    She's from Swansea

For such a good looking girl and a professional model some of the photos on her page are really bad - doesn't give a great image for promoting herself. She's a proper, traditional looking Welsh girl though.
  • And in the words of Keith Lemon................bang tidy. :D
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Not a ladyboy then?