beone jade race

dartmoorcyclist
dartmoorcyclist Posts: 33
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi anyone have a beone jade race and can advise on what size frame I need? There's no retailer near enough for me. I am 5 foot 4 and 77.5cm inside leg. New to road bikes - any feedback if this is a good choice would also be helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    IMO either size 40 - top tube length = 513.6mm or 45 - top tube length = 535mm but it all depends on how 'racy' you want it to feel. The geometry for this is on their web site so take a look.

Another option is to go to some bike shops and try different brands for size and compare the geometry but in all honesty you really need to ride one before you buy one. :)
  • diamonddog
    Sorry, how much is the bike? At the moment there are lots of bargains about as retailers clear out 2013 models.
  • hi diamonddog, thanks for your reply. The bike is £559 with £30 postage. Seems like a good deal, I want a comfortable long distance road bike with good enough components, but up for other ideas...
  • diamonddog
    You need to look for a sportive type geometry ie not as racy. What is your max budget?
  • Not sure on my upper budget limit, probably absolute max £1000 but I am always up for a bargain and spending £600 on a bike that suits me for a year or two is appealing - I'll have a better understanding of what I need once I have more experience. I am used to touring long distances on a 25 year old mountain bike so have little experience of what I really need, what is out there that would suit me and how to choose. Not sure what to do! Yes, sportive is what I understand I need too. Thanks.
  • diamonddog
    Look at the Ribble web site bike builder section, a bit more selection on there, sportive and race geometry plus choice of group sets. Good luck!
  • thanks