cheap or expensive lights for lshort commute

andyh01
andyh01 Posts: 599
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
After a few years of buying sub £100 lights sets that are to be seen and last a winter Im contemplating getting a decent front/rear light set but are just so expensive, been looking at the Hope vision 4 plus their rear light as mainly I like their rear light and could use same battery for front and rear to save on costs but comes in about £300 whereas I could go for the migicshine stuff for about £80 for a 1500 lume front and 500 lume rear but doesn't look as quality as hope/exposure I only have a 4 mile each way commute on main roads that are lit I also wear hi viz so they are more to be Seen then see by, having said that I am looking to change jobs so the commute could change and I do want get more miles in on the bike. I currently have the lenzyne micro drive but they,re faulty don,t charge and cut out intermintantly so lost faith in them that was £80 wasted don,t want be in same position again..

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    CREE LED lights on eBay...super cheap, super bright and will be more then up to the job.
    save yourself some money for the pub :-)