Arione-like saddles?

mpie
mpie Posts: 81
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for a saddle a bit like an Arione (long, lots of fore-aft wriggle room) but a bit softer. Any suggestions?

Comments

• As always saddles are subjective but what about this one?

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/SAPXSL/planet_x_superlight_team_saddle

SAPXSL_P1.jpg
  • What's odd about the PX is that even though it is (supposedly?) modelled on the Arione, I hated the Arione I had, yet the PX is probably my favourite saddle of the six or so I have tried.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I have Arione's on two bikes and the PX on a 3rd and my arse can barely tell the difference. I just think of the PX one as a cheap knock-off (suspect it won't last as long).
  • My oldest PX is over three years and thousands of miles old. Good as new other than a few scuffs.
  • Another vote here for the Planet X saddle. I have one on my RT-57 and it was the first thing I went to upgrade as I always do with a new bike. I tried a Charge Spoon, Specialized Toupe Pro and a Selle Italia Max Flite. The first two are now sitting on my desk waiting to be eBay'ed and the latter one was sold to a mate.

The Planet X may indeed be a rip-off, but I have done over a 1000 miles on mine so far and it's still spotless.
  • mpie
    mpie Posts: 81
    Another vote here for the Planet X saddle. I have one on my RT-57 and it was the first thing I went to upgrade as I always do with a new bike. I tried a Charge Spoon, Specialized Toupe Pro and a Selle Italia Max Flite. The first two are now sitting on my desk waiting to be eBay'ed and the latter one was sold to a mate.

The Planet X may indeed be a rip-off, but I have done over a 1000 miles on mine so far and it's still spotless.

OK, I can see a good recommendation here...
    Arione shape? Tick.
    Titanium rails? Tick.
    £20? Tick.
    Colour? Pink. PINK?
    Sigh...