Probikekit - Not a happy Aussie Customer...

markcilia
markcilia Posts: 2
edited September 2013 in Road general
Online Store: ProBikeKit
Read this before placing any orders with Probikekit !!

Before I commence with my story, I bought my first bicycle item from ProBikeKit, some 2 years ago and since then have purchased many other items, until this week. :x :(
The item I purchased was a set of SRAM RED 22 Levers and Brakes. Well, this is what I thought I had purchased until I received my package early last week.I opened the package and found 'Levers' only. Now before everyone says did you read the product description before making the purchase. I did better than that, I received via email two confirmations from two different ProbikeKit staff that the item did also include Brake Calipers. Based on that information I went ahead and purchased the item.
Upon receiving the package and realising the missing Calipers, I sent Probikekit Customer Service (via there web page, as they do not advise there email address) advising them of the missing item and also rang them. This didn't do much good as the Customer Service Area had no idea and was waiting for confirmation from their warehouse. Rang again the next day, sent emails, still nothing. On the third day I received an email from the Customer Service Area requesting that I return the product back as it did not include the Calipers.

As you can imagine I was very disappointed and angry, especially when I had specifically asked not once but twice if the calipers were included. What really made me angry is that I have to wait for my refund (for the cost of the product and postage) on a issue that I was not the cause of.

My response to them was that I expect the delivery of the Calipers as per contract of sale. I am yet to receive a response. Based on how long they took just to respond to my original query I don't expect a quick resolution. I have asked for the matter to be escalated, however that is a difficult process also. Last time I use these jokers !!

The Matter remains open.....

Comments

  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Great first post :roll:

    So a company makes a mistake and you decide to broadcast it across the internet without giving them a chance to rectify anything.

    Mistakes happen, none of us like it, it's called human error, give them a chance to rectify the situation and then if they don't, escalate it, but as a business man I would hate for someone to slag my company or service based on one mistake! :roll: :shock:

    Many of us buy from abroad and unfortunately it is one of the risks you take, being if the item is wrong then you have to pay postage to return it, if you don't like low prices then only purchase in your own country.
  • Oh the joys, another rant without cause.

    Marcilla- have you ever made a mistake in your life that has pushed someones schedules back, or made them wait?
  • I really could agree with someone if it wasn't their first post! Always stinks of brand sabotage IMO.
  • spanner239
    spanner239 Posts: 181
    edited September 2013
    markcilia wrote:
    Online Store: ProBikeKit
    Read this before placing any orders with Probikekit !!

    Before I commence with my story, I bought my first bicycle item from ProBikeKit, some 2 years ago and since then have purchased many other items, until this week. :x :(
    The item I purchased was a set of SRAM RED 22 Levers and Brakes. Well, this is what I thought I had purchased until I received my package early last week.I opened the package and found 'Levers' only. Now before everyone says did you read the product description before making the purchase. I did better than that, I received via email two confirmations from two different ProbikeKit staff that the item did also include Brake Calipers. Based on that information I went ahead and purchased the item.
    Upon receiving the package and realising the missing Calipers, I sent Probikekit Customer Service (via there web page, as they do not advise there email address) advising them of the missing item and also rang them. This didn't do much good as the Customer Service Area had no idea and was waiting for confirmation from their warehouse. Rang again the next day, sent emails, still nothing. On the third day I received an email from the Customer Service Area requesting that I return the product back as it did not include the Calipers.

    As you can imagine I was very disappointed and angry, especially when I had specifically asked not once but twice if the calipers were included. What really made me angry is that I have to wait for my refund (for the cost of the product and postage) on a issue that I was not the cause of.

    My response to them was that I expect the delivery of the Calipers as per contract of sale. I am yet to receive a response. Based on how long they took just to respond to my original query I don't expect a quick resolution. I have asked for the matter to be escalated, however that is a difficult process also. Last time I use these jokers !!

    The Matter remains open.....

    How about posting a link to the item on here so we can see it on PBK's website?

    I strongly suspect you mean this which is probably just the levers not the callipers:

    http://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-gea ... 13725.html
  • In fairness to the OP, the product description (and price) does imply that calipers are included:

    AeroLink arm amplifies braking power while reducing frontal area
    Aero design extends to the shape of the indexed four-position quick release, the bladed barrel adjuster, low-profile pinch bolts, and recessed spring tension adjusters
    Wider clearance for modern wheelsets
    Lighter, aero pad retainers carry SwissStop Flash Pro pads standard
    Cables Included

    And he did get email confirmation. OK, he should cut them a little slack and give them a chance to rectify the mistake, but I would be slightly irked too (although not the the extent of ranting on here).
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    markcilia wrote:
    Online Store: ProBikeKit
    Read this before placing any orders with Probikekit !!

    Before I commence with my story, I bought my first bicycle item from ProBikeKit, some 2 years ago and since then have purchased many other items, until this week. :x :(
    The item I purchased was a set of SRAM RED 22 Levers and Brakes. Well, this is what I thought I had purchased until I received my package early last week.I opened the package and found 'Levers' only. Now before everyone says did you read the product description before making the purchase. I did better than that, I received via email two confirmations from two different ProbikeKit staff that the item did also include Brake Calipers. Based on that information I went ahead and purchased the item.
    Upon receiving the package and realising the missing Calipers, I sent Probikekit Customer Service (via there web page, as they do not advise there email address) advising them of the missing item and also rang them. This didn't do much good as the Customer Service Area had no idea and was waiting for confirmation from their warehouse. Rang again the next day, sent emails, still nothing. On the third day I received an email from the Customer Service Area requesting that I return the product back as it did not include the Calipers.

    As you can imagine I was very disappointed and angry, especially when I had specifically asked not once but twice if the calipers were included. What really made me angry is that I have to wait for my refund (for the cost of the product and postage) on a issue that I was not the cause of.

    My response to them was that I expect the delivery of the Calipers as per contract of sale. I am yet to receive a response. Based on how long they took just to respond to my original query I don't expect a quick resolution. I have asked for the matter to be escalated, however that is a difficult process also. Last time I use these jokers !!

    The Matter remains open.....

    Whinging bloody Aussies...
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    If the shop has made a genuine mistake then they aren't held liable to send them out.
    And if a bargain looks too good to be true - it won't be.

    Very poor form to join a forum just to whinge.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    tomisitt wrote:
    In fairness to the OP, the product description (and price) does imply that calipers are included:

    AeroLink arm amplifies braking power while reducing frontal area
    Aero design extends to the shape of the indexed four-position quick release, the bladed barrel adjuster, low-profile pinch bolts, and recessed spring tension adjusters
    Wider clearance for modern wheelsets
    Lighter, aero pad retainers carry SwissStop Flash Pro pads standard
    Cables Included

    And he did get email confirmation. OK, he should cut them a little slack and give them a chance to rectify the mistake, but I would be slightly irked too (although not the the extent of ranting on here).

    Yes, but then going by the product description, the levers themselves aren't included! :lol:

    I think it is pretty obvious that the listed item is shifters only. If the OP complains enough, maybe they'll send him the brakes in return for the shifters :lol:

    Still, maybe Probikekit will be nice to him though he certainly doesn't deserve it.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    It clearly states in big letters at the top that it's a shift/brake lever set but at the description option on the bottom it goes into all the marketing blurb about the full Sram brake set so I think the OP has just misinterpreted this part.
  • Sounds like pretty poor customer service to me and if you can't moan about it on the internet where can you moan about it?

    In my experience Probikekit are not as slick as the other big online retailers and I've experienced their not-so-great after sales service myself (and to the point where I'll only now shop with them if they are way cheaper than elsewhere). On the plus side, their shoddiness does seem to benefit the customer from time to time too, as I remember seeing a post here a short while ago from a lad selling on a pair of carbon wheels that PBK had accidentally advertised at a ludicrously low price. He said he expected an order cancelled email to come through once they realised their mistake, but it never did and the wheels soon turned up. Lucky man!
  • The issue here?

    You bought something and they sent it to you, you weren't happy it was "as described", they ask you to return it for a full refund!?

    Am I missing something? ....I've only used probikekit a handful of times for discounted stuff, but never had an issue.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Are we going to see markcilia now requesting that his account be deleted by the mod's like all the others who've come on here recently moaning and then been shot down :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • The issue here?

    You bought something and they sent it to you, you weren't happy it was "as described", they ask you to return it for a full refund!?

    Am I missing something? ....I've only used probikekit a handful of times for discounted stuff, but never had an issue.

    Seemingly so: he asked for confirmation that the order contained levers and callipers twice and was told it did. When he received his order PBK were slow to sort the matter out for him. I'd say that's shoddy customer service and worthy of a rant.
  • If I was the OP and had asked for clarification and confirmation twice and then got the wrong kit i'd be a bit miffed.

    On teh flip side tho and to provide balance I ordered quite a lot from PBK recently (had some good offers!) and one did go wrong. It was only some cleats so not the end of the world, but they sent me the wrong ones. I'd actually opened the packaging before I noticed so couldn't send them back but after an email they sent me out the correct ones no problem.

    I've been pretty impressed with them tbh.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    To be honest no where would that suggest calipers being included imo, BUT if PBK have confirmed by email twice that they are included, this is their fault. Interesting to see what the resolution is.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    goonz wrote:
    To be honest no where would that suggest calipers being included imo, BUT if PBK have confirmed by email twice that they are included, this is their fault. Interesting to see what the resolution is.

    We probably will never find out. I'll bet the OP will not come back. He has probably posted this on numerous cycling fora in order to vent his spleen.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Had the OP lived in the UK his rights/remedy would have been different.
  • I blame Wiggle?
  • I can't remember a time when there were so many people in one week complaining about companies. Seems to be a bad week for businesses.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I can't remember a time when there were so many people in one week complaining about companies. Seems to be a bad week for businesses.

    I know, I don't know who we are meant to blame anymore!?

    Is it still Wiggle?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Chris Bass wrote:
    I can't remember a time when there were so many people in one week complaining about companies. Seems to be a bad week for businesses.

    I know, I don't know who we are meant to blame anymore!?

    Is it still Wiggle?


    I've done a lot of snooping on this, and















    I still blame wiggle.
  • If I didn't get a packet of Haribro i'd be angry too....

    :roll:
  • If I didn't get a packet of Haribro i'd be angry too....

    :roll:
    Name and shame. This sounds like appalling service.