Carbon damage assessment (Cardiff)

jameses
jameses Posts: 653
edited September 2013 in Road general
After being knocked off my bike this evening (motorist wasn't paying attention and pulled out in front of me as I was crossing a roundabout :evil: ), I feel I should get someone to have a look over my bike to make sure there's no damage. Superficially it all looks fine - I think I took most of the impact on my knee and elbow - but you never know.

Would a decent LBS be able to do this? Or does anyone know of somewhere close to Cardiff that does?

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Yup I would have thought so, mine certainly would... Hope all is ok
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,522
    I took mine into Cyclopaedia after a racing crash. I doubt they'll absolutely guarantee it isn't damaged but will give it a very thorough check. If you got the driver's details you might be better off getting them to find something wrong with it!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I wouldn't recommend anywhere in the area for a proper carbon assessment as the simple fact of the matter is that without an x-ray you just can't be certain. If you've gone over it with a fine-toothed comb, then it's highly unlikely your LBS will find something new.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Tredz have said they are able to do it, but will be sure to question exactly how they are testing and what assurances they are giving me when I take it in. Wonder if I can sneak it in to the CT scanner at work...
  • As carbon conducts could you use a electronic meter and measure the resistance
  • Grill
    Tredz in Cardiff are absolute clownshoes. I have a few friends that used to work there an wouldn't trust them with a big wheel, much less a real bicycle.
  • Grill
    There's also Fibre-Lyte. They did the repair on my Foil which is first rate as well manufacturing many custom carbon components.