Testers Wanted

binsted
binsted Posts: 182
edited September 2013 in Road general
I have seen this over the years from various companies for saddles, tyres and clothing and dutifully applied to be included but to date have never been selected. I have never even had a letter saying thanks but no thanks but do seem to be on their mailing lists.
So has anybody on here ever applied and been successful or are these ads just to harvest contacts for company mailing lists.

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I've never seen such an advert looking for testers. I'm not sure I'd volunteer if I did. Where do you see them?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I tested a brooks prototype saddle with a cutout in it a few years ago, from a post on an american forum.

For the record, the rivets on the back wrecked my best winter bibtights and the cut out pinched your perineum...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,339
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I tested a brooks prototype saddle with a cutout in it a few years ago, from a post on an american forum.

For the record, the rivets on the back wrecked my best winter bibtights and the cut out pinched your perineum...

So you talk with a very squeeky voice then?

"Allo allo allo, whats going on here then?" (in an mezzo soprano voice).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I was a johnny tester, the work was relentless, in the end I couldn't keep it up :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    I got a job as a scarecrow - I was promoted in no time because I was outstanding in my field.
  • arran77
    I was a y-front tester but I quit when I realised it was just pants.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I knew a systems engineer who reckoned (after a few pints) that he once had a summer job running the test department of lady-toy manufacturer.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Like Barbie you mean?
  • arran77
    Probably Lucious Linda and Busty Babs :lol:

seanoconn
  • vs4b
    vs4b Posts: 257
    Currently testing the brooks cambium. First and only application I've ever made.

Lovely saddle too!
  • pinno
    Can you get the job of crash test dummy?
  • binsted
    binsted Posts: 182
    vs4b wrote:
    Currently testing the brooks cambium. First and only application I've ever made.

Lovely saddle too!

Congratulations, 100% success rate, you'll have to let me know your secret.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I applied to test the Cambium but was unsuccessful. :|
  • vs4b
    vs4b Posts: 257
    Just lucky I guess!