Cadence 'Flashing' Computer

ol9
ol9 Posts: 50
edited August 2013 in Road general
Folks,

Is there a (Cheapish) computer available that flashes a pre determined BPM/cadence (as opposed to measuring an actual), pretty much in the same way as a metronome? I've got such an app on my iphone (I'm a Drummer) but don't want it sat on my bars so wondered if there's a computer out there that does the job.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    If you're a 1/2 decent drummer you should be able to keep time!

For what you want I think you'd be better making a circuit with an LED yourself...
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Most decent HRMs will give you a % figure and adjustable target zones to ride in. As for cadence, don't waste your time.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,508
    I got a cadence app for my phone to try and use on the turbo and i couldn't use it at all (possibly my natual lack of rythm)
    Out on the roads it'd be even harder and possibly dangerous and if you have cadence on the computer i can't see what good it'd do anyway.
  • ol9
    ol9 Posts: 50
    Slowbike wrote:

For what you want I think you'd be better making a circuit with an LED yourself...

I can keep time no probs, but would like to know if it's the 'correct' time :D
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    OL9 wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:

Correct for what? If you're trying to ride at a certain rpm, just get a computer with cadence function. There are loads available.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    OL9 wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:

It won't be .... And don't worry - its my job as a pianist to put you off, between me and the bass player we usually manage :P
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    In order to match your cadence to a flashing display, you'd have to concentrate so much on the display that you'll end up in a mangled mess of bike, skin and blood on the floor.

If you must, just use the clock/timer on your existing computer and every now and again count the number of revolutions in 30 seconds. Double that and you'll soon get an idea of what your normal RPM is and what it feels like to pedal faster and slower.