waterproof for UK winter time

grantbarnard
grantbarnard Posts: 6
edited August 2013 in Road general
I'm in need of some guidance. I'm looking to get a decent waterproof as I'm now commuting on my road bike. I need something 100% waterproof.
I've been looking at;
Castelli Squadra
Castelli Goccia &
Madison Stellar II

Does anyone have and other suggestions or reviews with these jackets. I'm looking to spend under £100 if possible

Thanks
Grant

Comments

• Htron
    Htron Posts: 47
    I would not go 100% waterproof again, unless the jacket specifically has some breathable features that stop the boil in the bag effect.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Gore Oxygen is amazing. 100% waterproof and highly breathable (gore-tex is a wonderful material). A bit over your budget, but below that price it's all boil in a bag.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Do you have mudguards and flaps ?
  • Yeah I've got crud RR Mk2 guards.
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    I was going to reccomend Gore too, I went for this one in Navy Blue, doing it for under £100 atm in dark green http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-wear- ... cket-2012/
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Another Gore GoreTex option would be the Path Jacket, and you can get some sizes/colours for under £100 if you shop around:

Just type 'Gore Bike Wear Mens Path II Jacket' into the search on Amazon, and you should be able to find it. Evans also has the Small Yellow for £95 (but annoyingly all other sizes/colours are full price).

I think the style of the jacket is more of a relaxed fit than the Oxygen jacket listed above (which for less than £100 is fantastic value btw).
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I got the Path jacket when Wiggle were discounting them to £70 or so. Impressively breathable as evidenced by the condensation that forms only on the taped seams. Maybe helped by the slightly looser fit.
  • Biggest problem with the Gore Bike wear Oxygen waterproof is that it has no pockets. The Path has.