Chris Froome Lookign at Stems

Comments

• Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    So this weekend Contador was riding with his fans in his sportif. That is his fourth one.

Looking boss as per usual.
    Bo3YtRvIgAAuBId.jpg:large

if that was cavendish we would be saying how heavy he looks

what do the sportives raise money for (genuine question)
    vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily 28m
    Col de la Madone

Chris Froome 30:09
    Richie Porte 30:24
    Tom Danielson 30:24
    Lance Armstrong 30:45
    Tony Rominger 31:30
    Tyler Hamilton 32:32

don't worry, I'm sure Alberto will soon be up there under De Jong's tutelage :wink:
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Col de la Madone

:roll:
    Unless Sky have built a time machine and had Froome and Porte ride up there on the same days as the others, that set of "data" tells us nothing. And of course you know that, you're just being a tit as usual. Please stop posting unless you have something useful to say.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    adr82 wrote:
    Col de la Madone

Unless Sky have built a time machine and had Froome and Porte ride up there on the same days as the others, that set of "data" tells us nothing. And of course you know that, you're just being a tit as usual. Please stop posting unless you have something useful to say.

To be fair, it's becoming a two way street and makes the forum nearly unreadable at times!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Blimey, he's sponsored by the Mafia. I would have expected them to be Nibali fans.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    adr82 wrote:
    Col de la Madone

You're right, you can't really compare, but it is from a L'Equipe article published today (Froome and Porte's times are from 2013) - "I'm as fast as Armstrong and I don't have to feel guilty".
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I think Alberto looks like Richie Porte in the shot with Schleck.

First it was no OOC testing on The Rock from Froome, now it's faster than known dopers. I like this taking on the 'accuendo' directly.

As for contrary opinions, we should bear in mind that The Clinic was probably once a forum for sharing ideas, however heretical.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Col de la Madone

I don't know what these times are meant to tell anyone. Basic common sense should make anyone wonder the same. Just looking at Porte and Danielson, nothing that either of these two have ever done in cycling has merited comparison to Armstrong's performances and they never will. That alone makes it meaningless.

Are they even taking the times from the same places?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    RichN95 wrote:
    I don't know what these times are meant to tell anyone. Basic common sense should make anyone wonder the same. Just looking at Porte and Danielson, nothing that either of these two have ever done in cycling has merited comparison to Armstrong's performances and they never will. That alone makes it meaningless.

They confirm the "beating times of known dopers" line, which was based on very thin foundations previously. It's still a pathetic argument but the hard of thinking will be swayed by the tribal shamen chanting the mantra. Accuracy is irrelevant for these purposes.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95 wrote:
    Col de la Madone

Even if they are taken from the same place, they mean nothing. It's only a matter of time before the clean riders match doped riders of years ago. And weren't Porte's and Froomes's times taken on stage 9, the first serious climbing of the race, when Armstrong's was later on in the race?

Whatever, comparisons like this are all bum gravy.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Macaloon wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

They confirm the "beating times of known dopers" line, which was based on very thin foundations previously. It's still a pathetic argument but the hard of thinking will be swayed by the tribal shamen chanting the mantra. Accuracy is irrelevant for these purposes.

if Contador beats Froome in the Tour, he would then be the guy that beat the guys that beat the guys that what done doping - correct?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    As contrived as the argument about times of dopers is, if he's beating Armstrong climbs clean then imo he absolutely shouldn't be quiet about it. It would be a good thing! Don't hide from it.
  • salsiccia1
    Crozza wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

if Contador beats Froome in the Tour, he would then be the guy that beat the guys that beat the guys that what done doping - correct?

Yes, but if he does that it's because he's a TRUE HEAVYWEIGHT.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Oudezijds Achterburgwal - Mercatroplein, De Baarsjes

ATC Monday - 15.25 (Green lights most of the way)
    ATC Tuesday - 20.42 (HEADWIND)
    ATC Wednesday - 13.43 (Weeeee tailwind and no trams)
    ATC Thursday - 1.23.45 (I had a Dutch lesson on the way home)
    ATC Friday - 35.11 (I stopped off at Albert Heijn)

*These figures may be a complete figment of my imagination or some other suitably scientific testing method.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    Cant the OP correct the title? It is spelt incorrectly.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Col de la Madone

Even if they are taken from the same place, they mean nothing. It's only a matter of time before the clean riders match doped riders of years ago. And weren't Porte's and Froomes's times taken on stage 9, the first serious climbing of the race, when Armstrong's was later on in the race?

They're times from Col de la Madone which Sky riders based in Monaco/Nice use and US Postal/Ferrari clients used to use to train. This use of the same climb is proof alone that Sky are doping to some.

I am liking the term 'bum gravy' I must say, we use a similar but slightly more specific 'bum bisto' in our household.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    edited June 2014
    Oudezijds Achterburgwal - Mercatroplein, De Baarsjes

ATC Monday - 15.25 (Green lights most of the way)
    ATC Tuesday - 20.42 (HEADWIND)
    ATC Wednesday - 13.43 (Weeeee tailwind and no trams)
    ATC Thursday - 1.23.45 (I had a Dutch lesson on the way home)
    ATC Friday - 35.11 (I stopped off at Albert Heijn)

*These figures may be a complete figment of my imagination or some other suitably scientific testing method.

Nothing suspicious at all:

0lL75BL.png
  • salsiccia1
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Col de la Madone

They're times from Col de la Madone which Sky riders based in Monaco/Nice use and US Postal/Ferrari clients used to use to train. This use of the same climb is proof alone that Sky are doping to some.

I am liking the term 'bum gravy' I must say, we use a similar but slightly more specific 'bum bisto' in our household.

My mistake, apologies. For some reason I'm thinking of Ax 3 Domaines. 'All the right letters, but not necessarily in the right order'.
  • above_the_cows
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    My mistake, apologies. For some reason I'm thinking of Ax 3 Domaines. 'All the right letters, but not necessarily in the right order'.

To be fair it doesn't matter which climb they're taken from, your conclusion of them being bum gravy would be right.
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    11.jpg

Back on topic :lol:
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Good effort Tune, but if things should veer off course again, could I ask that you use one of your excellent graphs to clear things up?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I ve heard Girth is more important for most ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    ddraver wrote:
    I ve heard Girth is more important for most ;)

Nothing like an oversized stem.

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    RonB wrote:
    Good effort Tune, but if things should veer off course again, could I ask that you use one of your excellent graphs to clear things up?

I have spent most of the day [7 mins ] working on this one. Just never got it finished in time. Very Sorry RonB
    But even though It's a bit late it does clear things up.

complex_graph.png
  • ddraver
    Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound
    Would love to know what Quintana’s time would be up the Madone… up to the challenge @NairoQuinCo ?? :)

ohhhhhhhh Michelle....just....you know....
    - @ddraver
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Just the ticket. Thanks. I'm told that if you make this up with wire and pins you get a pretty good rendition of, L-R Amériques by Edgard Varèse or N-S Sheriff Fatman by Carter USM.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    That thing has two faces.
  • ddraver
    I dunno, I'm not sure it helps but she rarely says something that I disagree with really...
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    I can just imagine Froome facepalming every time his missus starts gobbing off over sensitive and controversial issues

Apparently I've been blocked by Mrs Froome.

Was it something I said?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    ddraver wrote:
    Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound
    Would love to know what Quintana’s time would be up the Madone… up to the challenge @NairoQuinCo ?? :)

ohhhhhhhh Michelle....just....you know....

She is twice his age but has less than half his maturity.
    Contador is the Greatest