Btwin triban 3

AbstractWorld
AbstractWorld Posts: 12
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
Hello guys, I'm pretty new to biking and wanted to buy a bike that's under $500 preferable. I heard about the Triban 3 and how it's very good and for only $400 but it looks out of stock. Will they ever stock the bikes again? I'm 54cm.

If not, what other alternatives could i get?

Edit: Also, I live in USA so would it matter if I did get the Triban 3? servicing it here in USA shouldn't be a problem?

Comments

• oxoman wrote:
    Can,t see any problem apart from cost of shipping to the states. Decathlon have had more made and various stores have them in stock including Giltbrook in Nottingham as of earlier today. Good bike but surely something is as good in the states for the money.

could you give me any recommendations? I'm pretty much 100% newbie at bikes
  • Anyone able to recommend me a road bike?
  • whitestar1
    whitestar1 Posts: 530
    Anyone able to recommend me a road bike?

Triban 3 £299 Decathlon. It is very good, a bit basic but a lot of bike for the money. I own the Triban 7 £599 which has a Tiagra groupset compared to the 2300 of the T3.
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk
  • whitestar1 wrote:
    Anyone able to recommend me a road bike?

Triban 3 £299 Decathlon. It is very good, a bit basic but a lot of bike for the money. I own the Triban 7 £599 which has a Tiagra groupset compared to the 2300 of the T3.

I live in the USa and I am guessing it's way too much shipping to get from uk to here? Anyway, it seems they are always out of stock so are there any other options I could choose from?
  • So I ordered my Triban 3 last night. This makes me very happy