Going Carbon on Ebay

nirish33
nirish33 Posts: 8
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
For years I have ridden a Giant OCR, a solid if heavy beast.

Two years ago I invested in a Carbon Triathlon Race bike (Cube Aerium HPC Race) which I got for half of RRP on ebay.

I am very pleased with it and am now looking for a carbon road bike with an RRP around £1500 which I hope to pay under 1k for. I have started looking at variations of the Cube Agree but would like to broaden my search to find a good deal.

What other models would people recommend when going down this route ??

Comments

• Have a look at focus, Planet X or ribble. To be fair if you've got the time and you're patient you can get some really good deals on there
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    You could buy a scott cr1 pro frame set for 499 from westbrook cycles and build a stonking vfm bike with shimano 105 and have a good amount of cash for wheels and finishing.

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/frames ... 12-p194664

If you baulk at building yourself you could purchase the parts and commission your lbs to bolt it altogether. Mine charges 99 for building up a bike.
  • I guess with Cube they have a small range of models so it's easier to work out what you are buying compared to new.

Focus and Planet X have a very wide range and am I right in thinking with Ribble people build their own bikes. Makes it more difficult to compare like for like.

The build your own option is interesting but not really what I'm after at the moment, I think I will stick to the eBay route as that has worked well for me before.