Why would someone do that?

Tiltzey Boy
Tiltzey Boy Posts: 120
edited August 2013 in Road general
Out for a spin with a mate of mine tonight, nice and gentle, sun shining, 20 miles in and all is well in the world, then, boom, it all turns sour!!

Dragging our asses up a small and shallow climb, in single file so as not upset anyone on the empty Somerset country road we were on, and some throbber and his mate come past us in their "van" and proceed to launch a coin which hits my mate. Luckily it only hit him in the arm, but it's still enough to upset him a bit, so tells the blokes that they clearly masturbate too much.

Hoping that would be the end of it, I reach the plateau of the hill, and see in the distance the van stopped at a bend in the road. Okay, starting to feel a bit concerned now, but also think it'd be a good chance to get the reg number of the van, so I carry on towards them. I get about 75 yards from the van and notice the passenger getting out of the van, but also realise I'm close enough to read the reg. So, I stop in the road, with my mobile in my hand ready to type the reg in, and next thing I know, I look back up at the bloke and he's pointing some kind of catapult at me.

Then, I see a lump of stone hurtling towards me, which, luckily, misses me, but worse, smacks off my bike at the back end somewhere!! :evil:

After the w#@ker hurls some more verbal abuse at me he gets back in the van and drives off, by this point my mate's caught up to me and missed all of this part, 'cos he's old, and slow!! :lol:

Obviously I'm a bit shaken up by this point but managed to remember the reg no, so we decide to head back to my mates house to phone the police and report it. We were only about 2 miles from his house at this point. As we go to set off again, I realise the stones hit my rear mech and smashed the jockey wheel on the three week old derailleur I've just fitted, gutted!! :cry:

We've reported it to the police and, as it turns out, they are well known to them, so they seem almost pleased to be taking our statements, and even more so when we said we wanted to prosecute!!!

It staggers me sometimes just what kind of scumbags there are amongst us, and can't understand the mentality of some of these "people". Lets just hope that karma comes round at some point and bites them in the ass!!!!!
Hopefully, they'll start bragging to their mates on twitter about it!!!

End of rant! I feel better now!!

Thanks for listening............. 8)

Edited to remove one or two derogatory terms used, but certainly not racist ones!! Apologies if any offence caused!!
Scott CR1 Pro (Build in progress!!)
Giant Defy 3

Comments

• Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Do not confront them, they will call up their mates and outnumber you, be warned they are quite hard especially in numbers.
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    There are a lot of dickheads about same as there's a lot of nice people about. It's probably wise you didn't get any closer. Doesn't excuse racism though.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    A lot of people just want to be king of the road and act it out in various ways. You met someone who is particularly aggressive about it, and stupid enough to commit a crime (as opposed to the more "grown up" ones who are satisfied with punishment passes and/or verbal abuse).
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    fucking pikies.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Touche.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Gozzy wrote:
    There are a lot of dickheads about same as there's a lot of nice people about. It's probably wise you didn't get any closer. Doesn't excuse racism though.

agreed, I see the post has been edited now
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    theres some proper bar stewards about that's for sure, I do hope they get prosecuted, fined and you get your rear mech repaired. Which they vandalised.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I hope you get a good result. Too many people get away with this kind of sh*t.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Thats just pathetic. Good job you didnt get hit in the eye. You could be tonight in hospital, blind for life, no job, no bike. Thats what these wanker5 dont realise or probably dont care about. Its a sad world we live in. At times bit little suprises me anymore. Hope you get a result but as usual they will get a warning and then the details of where you live.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Sadly, it's got "Police Caution" written all over it and there's no chance of any financial recompense. Too bad, they are knobbers.
  • Update: Nothing to report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spookily enough I've heard absolutely nowt from the police regarding this incident!

Seems to me someone has to lose an eye or something before they're prepared to do anything!!

What a waste of time!

:evil:
    Giant Defy 3
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    So now get a bar mounted catapult in case they return....
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Sorry, I am really bored at work.
  • fatsmoker wrote:
    Sorry, I am really bored at work.

Excellent! Link to the shop website please!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:
    Giant Defy 3