Need New Shoes

nanas1
nanas1 Posts: 50
edited July 2013 in Road general
Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new pair of Cycling shoes, I currently have a pair of 9.5 Northwave ones.
I need some advise on a wider fitting shoe as I have quite wide boats to try to squeeze in.

I' be looking in the £100 bracket and any advice that can be thrown my way would be excellent

Comments

• vinnymarsden
    vinnymarsden Posts: 560
    Hi mate,

Im same as you..needed wider fit..bought some Gaerne Carbon mythos plus..LOVELY shoes..almost a work of art...but narrow is not the word!!
    The Italians must be smaller everywhere!!!!

I looked around and got some of last years £200plus Fizik R3s from Planet X in black/white...they fit perfectly..and feel so much comfier...no dead feet at all now!!
    But saying that...now not got any excuse for slowing down!!!!!

The retail was over £200 and theyre doing them at £99 which is a decent del in my eyes...well made, and full carbon sole..
    Cheers...let me know if you have any luck..shes are like saddles..you shouldnt notice them.....but that sounds way too easy!!!
    Vinny
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    i have a pair of cheap ones i got from soccer sport
    they are the full carbon sole jobs cost about £55 i think,, its the dearest road shoes they sell and they are nice and wide fitting.. 3000 miles in them with no issues upto now
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • nanas1
    nanas1 Posts: 50
    Just looked on the Planet X website and they have the R1 ones for £119, I'm a 9.5, wonder what size I should go for? 44, 44.5 or 45?
    Seeing that you have a pair of the R3s, maybe you could advise?