dt swiss r 1850 / fulcrum 5s

squirejim
squirejim Posts: 44
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I recently upgraded the wheels on my commuter bike (Giant Defy) from standard Alex DA22 rims to fulcrum 5s and the difference has been immense. Faster, smoother, lighter, really notice a big difference.

I also have my weekend bike which i use for sportives and longer rides. This bike, Izalco Pro 3.0 has DT Swiss R1850's on it, but im thinking would the Fulcrum 5s actually be the better wheel on my Izalco? Weight wise there doesnt appear much in it, the Fulcrums are slightly lighter. My question is would i notice as much of a difference on my Izalco by running the fulcrums on this and putting the swiss on the Giant?

OR, as i have been so impressed with the fulcrums should i look into taking the plunge and upgrading to Fulcrum 3s for Izalco, keeping the 5s on the giant and ebaying the DT Swiss?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    SquireJim wrote:
    Hi All,

I recently upgraded the wheels on my commuter bike (Giant Defy) from standard Alex DA22 rims to fulcrum 5s and the difference has been immense. Faster, smoother, lighter, really notice a big difference.

I also have my weekend bike which i use for sportives and longer rides. This bike, Izalco Pro 3.0 has DT Swiss R1850's on it, but im thinking would the Fulcrum 5s actually be the better wheel on my Izalco?

You could attempt a step in the unknown and maybe try them?
    left the forum March 2023