Compact handlebars reach question

Raffles
Raffles Posts: 1,137
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
If you took two same size compact handlebars :

FSA Omega with 80mm of reach

Pro Plt with 65mm of reach

and you mounted your sti shifters in the same position on both handlebars, would the reach to the hoods be affected ? im sort of thinking that the reach to the hoods using the pro plt bars would be 15mm less but im not positive about it :oops: , could somebody confirm if this is correct or incorrect please.
2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    80 - 65 = 15

Can't believe I even typed that.
  • I save these sort of questions for my dog, or chiropractor
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    Imposter wrote:
    80 - 65 = 15

Can't believe I even typed that.

the reason I asked the question was that I did some googling and got yep it does, no it doesn't, erm yes it does mate, are you insane and here is why it doesn't ..............blah blah :roll:

same ole internet ask a question and over the course of loads of replies.........not get a straight answer

let me rephrase.....has anybody bought shorter reach compact bars and found a difference in reach to the hoods ....or not ?
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Raffles wrote:
    let me rephrase.....has anybody bought shorter reach compact bars and found a difference in reach to the hoods ....or not ?

I'll rephrase that again just in case anyone is still confused.....

Has anybody bought shorter reach compact bars and found the reach to be shorter and more compact? :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Raffles wrote:
    same ole internet ask a question and over the course of loads of replies.........not get a straight answer

You mean a straight answer like '80-65=15', perhaps ? If this conversation was face to face, I would be looking for the hidden camera right now...