Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Using a Boris bike tomorrow......

y2bladey2blade Posts: 31
edited July 2013 in The cake stop
Is there an idiots guide please?
I assume I can pay for it on the day at the docking station?

Cheers all.
Chris

Posts

  • Jim CJim C Posts: 333
    You ll need to pre register I think
    jc
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Yup, just turn up with your credit or debit card, follow the instructions to get a code, put the code into the rack and ride :D

    No need to pre register I don't think, this is only if you want to use a bike regularly.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 15,959
    arran77 wrote:
    Yup, just turn up with your credit or debit card, follow the instructions to get a code, put the code into the rack and ride :D

    No need to pre register I don't think, this is only if you want to use a bike regularly.

    This is correct - no pre-registering required. The only tricky bit is getting the buggers out of the docking stations!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rml380zrml380z Posts: 244
    Before you release a bike, lift it by the saddle and push on the pedals to spin the rear wheel. There seem to be a number with rubbing brakes, poorly maintained gears etc and it saves the hassle of getting a duff bike.
  • y2bladey2blade Posts: 31
    Thanks chaps.

    Have installed barcalysbikes, london cycle and citymapper.

    Should be a hoot, fingers crossed the weather forecast is better in the morning or i might just stay in bed.
  • y2bladey2blade Posts: 31
    First things first, found a nice cafe for a cuppa:
    969223_280315932106108_1372811629_n_zps074e185b.jpg

    Then selected My stead for the day, gave it a check over before punching-in the release code (yes the keypad was rubbish):
    21442_280319435439091_1608023504_n_zpsd001ad94.jpg

    I Have been to London a good few times but have yet to visit Tower Bridge, so that was my first destination:
    024004_zps887aec7d.jpg

    After a short and pleasant pedal in the right direction:
    024013_zpsd4870d4a.jpg

    024012_zps2edfc7a3.jpg

    I Even got to see it raise to let a boat through:
    024018_zps1fc163af.jpg

    024021_zpsea97c557.jpg

    Bit of an anticlimax when we saw what it had opened-up for:
    024023_zps64c86dd2.jpg


    More to follow.
  • Mikey23Mikey23 Posts: 5,028
    Brilliant, thanks for sharing
  • y2bladey2blade Posts: 31
    Then up to Bodean's for lunch (have been to the one in Soho before but not this one) on Tower Hill.

    1006269_280344862103215_1933754649_n_zps80414161.jpg

    969356_280344852103216_299195390_n_zps77cd1614.jpg

    1011598_280344955436539_405010752_n_zpsde84783b.jpg

    Pulled Pork Sandwich and a shandy..went down a treat.
    970021_280345025436532_559529529_n_zps77e977ab.jpg


    More to follow.
  • itboffinitboffin Posts: 19,575
    Nice pics looks like you had a good day but surely that was just your starter?
    Rule #5 // Harden The censored Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • IslwynIslwyn Posts: 650
    Did you enjoy how heavy the bike was? Ha. Nice looking girl on the bridge!
  • peatpeat Posts: 1,243
    Islwyn wrote:
    Nice looking girl on the bridge!

    Big hands though. She'd make my winky look even smaller.
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,890
    peat wrote:
    Islwyn wrote:
    Nice looking girl on the bridge!

    Big hands though. She'd make my winky look even smaller.
    lol
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    y2blade wrote:
    Then up to Bodean's for lunch (have been to the one in Soho before but not this one) on Tower Hill.

    1006269_280344862103215_1933754649_n_zps80414161.jpg

    969356_280344852103216_299195390_n_zps77cd1614.jpg

    1011598_280344955436539_405010752_n_zpsde84783b.jpg

    Pulled Pork Sandwich and a shandy..went down a treat.
    970021_280345025436532_559529529_n_zps77e977ab.jpg


    More to follow.
    I went to Bodeans as soon as possible after you reminded my belly! :lol:

    690ADA8A-7B03-4655-8C43-9842D2211393-137-00000005A6168DE5_zps3521ee01.jpg

    Time- 12:01pm. Opens at 12:00, I was hungry :D

    Jacobs ladder ribs, sooo good. I'd already eaten half before I thought to take a picture.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
Sign In or Register to comment.