Pimpy Summer Gloves ?

redjeepǃ
redjeepǃ Posts: 531
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for a pair of summer mitts and would quite like a pair of all white leather gloves as my bike is all white with white bar tape.

Other than the Rapha Grand Tour gloves, which are exactly what I want, but about three times what I want to pay, does anyone have any recommendations? I'd really like them to be retro, leather with white palms.

Comments

• Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Gore do a retro pair, some black on it too though
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I have them Gore ones, as my mate Tony says, theeeyyyrree great!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Redjeep! wrote:
    I'm looking for a pair of summer mitts and would quite like a pair of all white leather gloves as my bike is all white with white bar tape.

Other than the Rapha Grand Tour gloves, which are exactly what I want, but about three times what I want to pay, does anyone have any recommendations? I'd really like them to be retro, leather with white palms.

Pair of white FootJoy golf gloves WillIAm stylee.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Yep, +1 for the gore retro tech gloves....... In white of course 8)
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Was a guy at the local bike cafe that had some beautiful pure white rapha one's. Really smart but dread to think how much they were.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531
    Thanks everyone. I'll look at the Gore ones, the ones I'd seen had some black on the palm though.

The Rapha gloves are £120.
  • I have the Giro LX mitts in Black leather and really rate them.
    They do them in white and can be had for around £35 if you shop around
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I've got some Specialized '74 gloves in white. Really pleased with them. Same fit and comfort as the fabric Specialized BG mitts but more breathable. They wash pretty well too. Cycle Surgery have them in stock.

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/pws/UniqueP ... tAod8xgASg

You can get a black version too, usually £5-10 cheaper.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • mikenetic
    mikenetic Posts: 486
    Never knew they did the '74 gloves in white, might have to snag a pair of them. I have the Spec ones in black, and the Gore leather in white. The Gore ones are more padded on the palm, but both makes are really decent gloves.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    simonhead wrote:
    Was a guy at the local bike cafe that had some beautiful pure white rapha one's. Really smart but dread to think how much they were.
    Don't worry mate, I'm sure they won't last long ...