Wheelbuilder

Djd3737
Djd3737 Posts: 82
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Has anyone had any wheels off these guys, http://www.spokesmanwheels.co.uk/, cannot find anything on them?

Looking at getting the following:

Novatec A291SB/F482SB
H Plus Son Archetype
Sapim CX Ray aero spokes

Also can anyone comment on suitability of this combo for a 6'1" 73kg rider, dry miles only, looking for a bit of speed and to dip his toe into a bit of local TT'ing, not very hilly round here (http://app.strava.com/athletes/fleehouse2).

If I have to take the factory route was looking at Zondas, my limit is around £300, currently riding R500s.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    No idea... are there in your area?
    Going local is best if they are good, but if they are not local, then there are people around with a stronger feedback...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Djd3737
    thanks for the reply, they are not local, I am in Bedfordshire not really sure who is local.
  • ugo.santalucia
    fleehouse2 wrote:
    thanks for the reply, they are not local, I am in Bedfordshire not really sure who is local.

Don't know anyone local to you either...
    Why don't you contact the cycle clinic here on this forum or via his website? He builds Archetype and Novatec and can deliver and he's not horribly far from you in Cambridgeshire... :D
  • Djd3737
    Cheers Ugo, they are about 1h20m away, so that is workable if need to get to the premises for any reason and they seem to have what I want, will be getting in touch with them.
  • ugo.santalucia
    fleehouse2 wrote:
    Cheers Ugo, they are about 1h20m away, so that is workable if need to get to the premises for any reason and they seem to have what I want, will be getting in touch with them.

Excellent!