Garmin Cadence Monitor

daveyruthers
daveyruthers Posts: 129
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
I have the above device and was just wondering how long the battery should last? I have had it less than a year doing around 1500miles so far and it's stopped working.
Bianchi Via Nirone
Focus Izalco Pro 2.0

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    It's lasted almost a year?! Nice one.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I've had both of mine (used on 2 bikes) since 2009 and never had to change a battery yet. Have you tried detecting it again in the device settings and does the light illuminate when the crank sensor passes it?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • I have the above device and was just wondering how long the battery should last? I have had it less than a year doing around 1500miles so far and it's stopped working.

Stopped working does not necessarily equal dead battery. I have a 510 with cadence sensor and mine "dies" occasionally. I find a reset on the cadence sensor itself works wonders.
  • daveyruthers
    daveyruthers Posts: 129
    Lovely got it working again. Thanks lads
    Bianchi Via Nirone
    Focus Izalco Pro 2.0
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I was wondering how long the battery should last, had the premium HR monitor and GSC10 since last April and done about 4000 miles in that time (about equally on 2 bikes but the HR monitor has obvously been used for all the miles).

Is there any kind of warning when the battery gets low? I guess its not a big issue since (a) the HR monitor isn't crucial (b) if the GSC10 stops working I loose cadence (big deal) and the Garmin just uses GPS for speed. As the Garmin will plot the route anyway I would think the route upload to strava would work perfectly even if the speed somehow gets screwed during the ride. Just wouldn't want my RLS100 ride to get lost if the GSC10 battery decides to die.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava