No feeling in toe & foot!!!

gareth2608
gareth2608 Posts: 14
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
Not been cycling long, got some specialized shoes, clip in. I'm a size 8 & these are size 8. My feet ok to start with but it feels like my right foot & sometimes the left is going to sleep, should this happen? Or do my feet have to get accustomed to the feel if the ride, sometimes I unclip during the ride but this feels awkward as its not the foot I usually unclip. At the end if the ride 1 or 2 of my toes feel dead & have no feeling.

Is it a simple thing that I need wider shoes (I've got wide feet), shoes felt lovely in the shop.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Your feet can swell with excercise - try backing the straps off for starters
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I used to get this if I tied my shoes to tight.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    I keep my shoes pretty loose, wiggle my toes around quite a bit, and I still get a bit of numbess in my left big toe, even when it's warm. In the cold, even with overshoes, it's a lot worse - both feet, more toes, more numbness.

Haven't figured it out yet.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • flipp
    flipp Posts: 52
    had similar problems in my left foot when I changed to clips after numerous ajustments to cleats that didn't seem to make any differance I lowered the seat approx. 5mm which seems to have cured the problem