reading to maidenhead routes

richard_farrant
richard_farrant Posts: 231
edited July 2013 in Road general
Hi all

Does anyone know of any good commuting routes between Reading and Maidenhead? Just started a new job and can only see the A4 as a route...

Cheers

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Hi all

Does anyone know of any good commuting routes between Reading and Maidenhead? Just started a new job and can only see the A4 as a route...

Cheers

You REALLY don't want to ride on the A4 between reading and Maidenhead. I'm sure you can build yourself a little route of back roads using google maps that skirt the A4.

Regards

David
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Best would probably be Arborfield, Wokingham, Binfield, Holyport, Bray (or White Waltham for last part - depending on which bit of Maidenhead)
  • KMC1993
    KMC1993 Posts: 101
    You could go through Twyford towards White Waltham and then up to Maidenhead. Twyford to White Waltham is a reasonable ride and not too much traffic either.
  • KMC1993 wrote:
    You could go through Twyford towards White Waltham and then up to Maidenhead. Twyford to White Waltham is a reasonable ride and not too much traffic either.

That route looks good, will give it a go tomorrow, sure I will try many many routes before settling on one...
  • 3b4bikes
    3b4bikes Posts: 40
    Woodley, Sandford Lane, Hurst, White Waltham is the route I use from my house in east Reading to my Dad's in Maidenhead. Its not the most direct, but quite a nice route and certainly a lot better than the A4.