Crash

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2013 in Road general
Had a lovely crash this morning. I'm ok a bit of road rash and some concussion, bike is a complete write off. Guy coming down a twisting desent about 25 mph round a blind corner two headphones in, I was coming up the hill completely wiped me out, idiot then just cycled on.

I doubt I'll be able to buy a bike this year.

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Sorry to hear this,at least your ok which is most important.How is your bike a write.
    The other cyclist seems a proper pr1ck for not stopping.He should be ashamed of himself.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • A long shot but depending on how popular the area is you could try and trace the person on strava by filtering the times for the day. They might be recognizable by their profile picture or their segment speed would drop all of a sudden when the crash happened. Said idiot may have even named their ride something along the lines of a 'casual hit and run today, worth it for a KOM'.

You could then wiz through their letter box or more sensibly involve the police.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    How was the other guy who was doing 25mph able to just ride off if your bike is a right off? What's damaged on your bike?
    More problems but still living....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He hit me in the front wheel i was thrown across the floor still attached to my bike (potentially how more damage occurred) I smacked my head and by the time I had composed myself, he had ridden off. He was also on a moutain bike and his front wheel hit me straight on.

The bike is in the shop but they called and the front fork is broken and there is damage to the frame as well apparently, they are going to let me know if they can make anything happen.