Cav king of the Kilometres

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited July 2013 in Pro race
While the TDF is almost upon us Non other than Mark Cavendish has ridden more race Kms than any other rider in the peloton. In 61 race days Cav has clocked up 9500Kms. In second place is Albert Timmer with 9009Kms. Also Cav enters the tour with the most victories this season, 13 in all, he does share this first place with Peter Sagan.
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Albert Timmer sounds like a bloke from 1920s Lancashire.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    The stars are aligning for cav. I want a TdF stage win for that Brit champs jersey!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    How many of those kilometres are spent hanging onto the team car? :D
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Oooh that's even harsher, I was just going to go with ÿeah but he's sat in for all but 200m of them" ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ademort
    I,ve just been watching a Dutch TV programme about the TDF called Le Tour DeJour. It,s a daily programme covering the TDF and runs for an hour. Of course it has former riders as guests and tonight they had Micheal Boogard and Eddy Planckaert. They also have a permanent slot for former Dutch professional Gert Jacobs who is well known in the Netherlands as being quite a character. He is also popular with after dinner speeches.
    They got onto the subject of Mark Cavendish and Gert Jacobs said he thinks Cav rides the first 40Kms of every race and then the team stop and put him into Stijn Vandenberghs jersey pocket. Cav is 1.75m and Vandenbergh is 1.99m tall so Cav easily fits in his pocket being so small.He then went on to say that Cav eats all the food and about 20Kms from the finish is placed back in the bunch to win the race. The audience were in stitches i can tell you.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    ademort wrote:
    I,ve just been watching a Dutch TV programme about the TDF called Le Tour DeJour. It,s a daily programme covering the TDF and runs for an hour. Of course it has former riders as guests and tonight they had Micheal Boogard and Eddy Planckaert. They also have a permanent slot for former Dutch professional Gert Jacobs who is well known in the Netherlands as being quite a character. He is also popular with after dinner speeches.
    They got onto the subject of Mark Cavendish and Gert Jacobs said he thinks Cav rides the first 40Kms of every race and then the team stop and put him into Stijn Vandenberghs jersey pocket. Cav is 1.75m and Vandenbergh is 1.99m tall so Cav easily fits in his pocket being so small.He then went on to say that Cav eats all the food and about 20Kms from the finish is placed back in the bunch to win the race. The audience were in stitches i can tell you.

Missed it tonight, but Gert Jacobs is hilarious
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • ademort
    Markwb79 wrote:
    ademort wrote:

Missed it tonight, but Gert Jacobs is hilarious

If you go to the RTL7 website you can click on uitzending gemist and see it there.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    ademort wrote:

I reckon that with about 4km to go the DS announces over the team radio that there's only one sausage role left, first come first serve.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format

• I reckon that with about 4km to go the DS announces over the team radio that there's only one sausage role left, first come first serve.

That wouldn't be the wurst job.
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    "Menchov's Stabilisers".

Finest forum name I've seen on here! Genuinely LOL'd at that!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    ademort wrote:

Those crazy Dutch hey?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    I never liked him at first but am becoming a big fan.

You'll never see the likes of him again.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cavendish has done great this year since leaving Sky.

For the sake of accuracy though, Rob Ruijgh of VS has actually ridden more km then Cavendish.
    Contador is the Greatest