Shamed cyclist ordered to repay former team

Lichtblick
Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
edited June 2013 in Pro race
A shamed cycling superstar has been stung for more than half a million pounds after his attempts to sue his former employers backfired spectacularly.

(Rasmussen)....was also ordered to repay 663,000 euros of the money he had originally won – some £565,000.

Coo. Have I posted this first? That'll be a first. Apols if it's already up.

:)

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Not sure what to make of this. On one hand, Razi was obviously a doper and I have no tolerance of dopers, but on the other hand his team knew all about it, and probably encouraged him to 'use.'

I don't think either side have the high ground. Personally I would have all team managers and team doctors etc from 'that era' sacked and sued and forced to pay massive fees, but that's not really going to happen!

Hmmm turned a blind eye maybe but encouraging to use I'm so sure. Remember this will be the other contracting party, his paymasters, and not team mates, swannys or his DS who make up the team on the ground. If his paymasters did encourage him to use then he has a good case.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Which former team?

Isn't it Christina Watches, in which case the whole team doping things is a non-issue really, it's not Rabobank.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Which former team?

Isn't it Christina Watches, in which case the whole team doping things is a non-issue really, it's not Rabobank.

This is about Rabobank. But he lost big time. See link:

http://au.eurosport.com/cycling/shamed- ... tory.shtml
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    oneof1982 wrote:
    Which former team?

This is about Rabobank. But he lost big time. See link:

http://au.eurosport.com/cycling/shamed- ... tory.shtml

Is it, blimey. That'll teach me to read the sports pages of the paper. :shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Yellow Peril
    I'll go for understatement of the year....

"It's difficult to have much sympathy with Rasmussen on this issue."

There...how did I do?
    @JaunePeril

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I'll go for understatement of the year....

"It's difficult to have much sympathy with Rasmussen on this issue."

There...how did I do?

Nice, here are my considered thoughts;

Picture0003.jpg
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Not sure what to make of this. On one hand, Razi was obviously a doper and I have no tolerance of dopers, but on the other hand his team knew all about it, and probably encouraged him to 'use.'

I don't think either side have the high ground. Personally I would have all team managers and team doctors etc from 'that era' sacked and sued and forced to pay massive fees, but that's not really going to happen!

Hmmm turned a blind eye maybe but encouraging to use I'm so sure. Remember this will be the other contracting party, his paymasters, and not team mates, swannys or his DS who make up the team on the ground. If his paymasters did encourage him to use then he has a good case.

That's not really right though, the paymasters also employ the management team, the DS, the doctors. If Rasmussen was doping with their knowledge or encouragement, which is 99.99% certain given what's come out about the team, then someone higher up also has responsibility for it.

Compare it to e.g. a sales manager cutting an illegal anti-competitive deal with a competitor, with the knowledge/encouragement of his management. The company itself would receive a hefty fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Yellow Peril
    You're right, it's a matter of finding where the buck stops. I imagine some people who we mightconsider in our heart of hearts as having knowledge of this will be teflon.

As with most things everyone is quite happy until the wheel falls off (or in this case Rasmussen...a couple of times...in a time trial)
    @JaunePeril