Speedplay Pedals???

2»

Comments

• well wiggle ain't interested -
    I am very sorry but I am afraid that if it is not on the website then we do not currently have any plans to get this item in stock I am afraid and we cannot guarantee whether we will do in the future.

You may want to sign up to the e-newsletter which will tell you of the new stock we will have coming in or you can just keep checking the site to see if we will be selling it.
  • cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    I wonder if that may change if more of us asked...
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • Let's all email them and tell them that we blame them!

PS - I just emailed CRC to see what they say.
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    The pedals have arrived. Just need to work out how to fit them now.....
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • cattytown
    The pedals should be easy to fit. The cleats can be a tad fiddly the first time...

P.
    Giant Defy 2
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    catty, i'd probably take 3 sets of those covers if you can get them at half price
  • cattytown
    The problem is that by the time they get to you, they aren't half price anymore. The headline if half, but they still have to be posted over (probably a little cheaper per set) then Duty and vat get added on (About 25% on top of the cost including post), royal mail charging me to charge me and then onward postage to you guys.

I reckon the cost for a single set direct is about £30, I was getting it to around £26, but would be running a risk of being out of pocket if someone changed their mind, so by the time I add on a little to cover the risk of a credit card currency charge, a drift in exchange rates or someone dropping out, the saving is paltry. If someone else wants to see if they can do it better by either getting more numbers to better spread the postage cost or any other method I would be interested.

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    The cleats are on, pedals on, had a quick ride & initial impressions are great, so stable & so easy to get into. After a little setting up of the float I'm ready to attach the commute in the morning.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Just seen this - modifying the coffee shop covers
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Superb, never heard of the keep on covers. Been using the coffee shop covers, and whilst they do the trick, they're just one more thing to fill pockets on a ride.

Anyone know of somewhere to buy them in the UK? Or do I just have to order them from the states?

Look great me too any way to get these in UK without paying £16 plus £16 postage buying from US or Aus via eBay?

Bit late to this thread, but Bike Science in Bristol do them for £ 14.99 (+ £ 4.00 post if required, that doesn't seem to change if I up the number of covers).