Cheating on Strava - what's the point?

2»

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Come on - with your expertise you should be able to alter the GPX file so you don't get a fake KOM ...
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Slowbike wrote:
    Come on - with your expertise you should be able to alter the GPX file so you don't get a fake KOM ...

Its not something I looked into but then why would I try and alter it to make it a definite fake ?
    I uploaded it, immediately realised it was wrong, posted to confirm and mailed strava.
    Living MY dream.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I was suggesting the opposite - alter it to remove the erroneous data that's given you the KOM
  • VTech
    Slowbike wrote:
    I was suggesting the opposite - alter it to remove the erroneous data that's given you the KOM

TBH the whole segment is false, only the distance travelled is real, It was the most leasurely ride ive done, cant think I ever went over 20-24kph.
    Living MY dream.
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    Vetch, just make the ride private so you can keep it on your records. I had a glitched ride and got a load of koms. It got flagged 30 seconds after I put it on strava.
  • VTech
    Jon_1976 wrote:
    Vetch, just make the ride private so you can keep it on your records. I had a glitched ride and got a load of koms. It got flagged 30 seconds after I put it on strava.

If it was a local ride I would simply do it again but this was riden along the beach in Dubai and onto Palm Atlantis, I kind of liked having it recorded :wink:
    Living MY dream.
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    You'll probably be going back to Dubai sometime in the future for work won't you? That'll give you a chance to redo it. In the meantime make it private to stop the angry flaggers attacking. There's a few sites that give tutorials on how to fix glitched files. Mine was totally Fubar so I just redid the route, fortunately didn't require an overseas trip but did end up with sunburn :evil: