I hate my brakes! Options please...

2»

Comments

• RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    http://www.cube.eu/road/road-race/agree-gtc-race/

Murph, I upgraded my Cube from these to Ultegra and was astounded by the improvement, far greater than expected to be honest. Way more powerful, far less lever pressure needed, much more confidence decending now. I had greens in the old brakes but the standard Ultegra are superb (OpenPro rims) so I have no need to transfer the Swissstops. A worthwhile upgrade, going to Ultegra brakes, definitely.

Completely agree - I've just upgraded the standard BR-R561 brakes on my 2013 Cube Agree Race to Ultegra 6700 items (picked them up for £50 on ebay) and the difference is night and day - even with the standard Ultegra pads on the new brakes and replacement BBB pads on the BR-R561's. The BR-R561's have always been extremely poor to the extent I'd say they are not really fit for purpose. I've got some budget Miche brakes on my commuter bike and they function perfectly adequately.I appreciate the standard advice on these forums is to replace pads before brake calipers, but I think in this case, replacement calipers is the only sensible oiption
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Have you checked your outer cable run from the levers? Acute angles etc can cause below par braking.