Planet X rt57

harryperry105
harryperry105 Posts: 10
edited June 2013 in Road general
Thinking of splashing out on a Planet X rt57 can't find many reviews so wondered what the general consensus is :D:D

Comments

• Thinking of splashing out on a Planet X rt57 can't find many reviews so wondered what the general consensus is :D:D

I have one and I love it. I upgraded from alu and the carbon is light, strong and looks the business. I think the stealth finishing looks great and overall the bike seems much faster. On one of my training routes I'm easily 3-4 minutes quicker over 30 miles at the same time of day in the same weather. While some of that will be the engine, some of it has to be the bike too.

For the price, you can't really go wrong. SRAM takes some getting used to after years with 105. After trying both Rival and Force, it's worth the extra to upgrade the kit to Force. Wheels are okay, but I don't use them as I have some Cosmic Elites instead. Customer service from Planet X is supposed to be good as is their communication while the bike is being built.

I bought mine blind over the internet without a trial. The geometry was similar enough to my Synapse to make the risk worthwhile and it paid off. If you have the cash and it appeals, go for it.
  • Jim C
    Jim C Posts: 333
    My son has an RT57, in old colour scheme of blue and white. Great bike, can't fault it
    bought as a frame and fork. Good vfm
    jc
  • squibnocket
    squibnocket Posts: 207
    + 1 for me too, although I have upgraded a lot on the bike mines an XL and weighs 6.65 kg Its a great bike done some big rides on it, as previously said a great value bike mine came with full SRAM Red which was an even bigger bargain. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending one.