Wiggle and their pricing...

antsmithmk
antsmithmk Posts: 717
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
Long time lurker, but wanted to canvas opinion on the following 'event'

So after the recent rain, I decided I wanted a decent waterproof coat. I read around a few places and was undecided between the DHB EQ2.5, or going for a more expensive castelli or gore jacket. For reference, I bought the following
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-eq25-waterp ... t/?pr=1892

What was odd was that yesterday morning I was doing my research, and the jacket was priced as it is showing now.(61.xx) with my 12% platinum discount off. I added it to my wish list. Later last night I logged back onto the website to be greeted by a very large 40% off DHB banner, and yes the jacket was in the sale reduced from £62 to £41. No brainer, I clicked buy asap and even added some bib shorts with 40% off too!

Now I wanted to go back and have a look at their other gear, but no DHB now has 40% off at all, but the remains of a link are there...
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-bank-holiday-offers-40-off/

So, what can be learned?! Well if you fancy something from wiggle, add it to your wish list, keep popping back and eventually you will be offered the product with a large discount? Maybe?! Did wiggle really go to all that trouble to make me part with £65 (jacket and bib shorts?!)...

Comments

• gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    Wise words indeed, you never know when they will suddenly change their prices as I found out to my cost yesterday. Ordered some speedplays, cleats & covers which came to about £185 total order, the day after (I kid you not) they magically reduced the prices of said cleats & pedals which would have made my total order £165. Not pleased so I emailed to ask if they would honour the newer prices and rather strangely they said no! It makes no sense to me as I could return the whole order for a full refund then order the same stuff at the lower price. Last time I'm going to use Wiggle though, Parkers have got them for the same price now so I've ordered from them. Disappointing as I've done a few £k with Wiggle over the last couple of years so thought they might do the right thing, clearly not.
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    As you get the collect+ vouchers for returns could you not have returned the first order for free and ordered again at the lower price?

I find their service excellent to be honest, though you have to shop a bit more carefully to get a real bargain these days.
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    Yes absolutely the return cost nothing but the whole principal of it just naffed me off. What's the point in having to send the whole thing back to have them send it out again? It's not a good use of anyone's time is it.
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    Yeah, I agree it's a bit daft but at least at their expense. If you don't have a collect+ store nearby I can see why you'd find it more annoying.