3 week Devil take the hindmost GT

No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
edited May 2013 in Pro race
I've hardly drunk anything, but it would be brilliant.

Eliminations at numerous intermediate sprints, stage wins buy limited protection for a day.... There can be no possible reason not to make this happen.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor

I knew my stroke of genius was too good not to have been thought of by someone else first. Cracking idea, GS.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Laura Trott would win but everyone would have long since died of heart failure. No way could we handle the stress over 3 weeks! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ddraver wrote:
    Laura Trott would win but everyone would have long since died of heart failure. No way could we handle the stress over 3 weeks! ;)

You'd go into the last stage with 9 potential GT winners. Suspense would be immense!
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Carlton Kirby would have to be banned from such an event.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Carlton Kirby would have to be banned from such an event.

I'm blessed in that I get Danish commentators. Including Rolf "Ren" Sørensen. They tend to know their stuff.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    The way things have been round these precincts the last few days, if you're not getting a slap from RichN, you're not pushing boundaries. Spice things up with a random social media driven elimination chosen by a "secret pro" before he notices.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Macaloon wrote:
    The way things have been round these precincts the last few days, if you're not getting a slap from RichN, you're not pushing boundaries.
    Sorry. I do get wound up by the clueless idea that sprinters are sub-standard cyclists who have it easy though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    RichN95 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    The way things have been round these precincts the last few days, if you're not getting a slap from RichN, you're not pushing boundaries.
    Sorry. I do get wound up by the clueless idea that sprinters are sub-standard cyclists who have it easy though.

Without doubt the most unnecessary apology in all of sport.
  • greasedscotsman
    Macaloon wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

Really? I can think of 20 more unnecessary apologies in all of sport than that!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Macaloon wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

Anyone can just slip in a one line unnecessary apology at the end of an argument when everyone else has been making all the heavyweight points. The really great unnecessary apologists would pen an entire dissertation of sorryness.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Love it.I can just imagine the first intermediate sprint. 200 guys, eyeballs out, going for the line. Classic.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I thought from the subject line this was going to be another thread about the 2013 Giro...
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Would teams still be allowed though? With things as they are now you can imagine the leader would just be protected as much as possible by the rest of the team while they gradually get eliminated. Would be a lot more fun if it was (officially) every man for himself, then you'd get all kinds of temporary alliances, potential for betrayals and so on :)
  • Macaloon
    Sorry about that.

happening-20090602-apology1.jpg
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    mike6 wrote:
    Love it.I can just imagine the first intermediate sprint. 200 guys, eyeballs out, going for the line. Classic.

You've never ridden a devil have you? The guys at the front won't be going eyeballs out, only the backmarkers do that (and then run into the back of the riders ahead of them).
  • greasedscotsman
    Macaloon wrote:
    Sorry about that.

happening-20090602-apology1.jpg

Apology Tour, is that a World Cycling Series event?
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    andyp wrote:
    mike6 wrote:

You've never ridden a devil have you? The guys at the front won't be going eyeballs out, only the backmarkers do that (and then run into the back of the riders ahead of them).

Yes I have, actually, but that's beside the point. I was painting a picture. :roll: