Fast rolling, female friendly tyre!

rapid_donkey
rapid_donkey Posts: 448
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Has anyone got any suggestions for some nice fast rolling tyres for 'her' bike?!
Currently she has bonty mud x 1.8's front and rear.
Will be mostly used for sherwood pines, some cross country riding, regularly do the 23 mile rutland water route (mostly gravel).
Shes not lightning fast so they havent got to be super sticky etc. I have read mud x are good really just as a winter tyre, and wonder if they are holding her back.
Cheers.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    2 options
    1/ Michelin dry mountain2, they are Uber fast rolling (when with mates, going downhills I often have to brake to keep with them) very hard wearing, great on gravel, clog in the mud and poor grip on wet rock/roots though..
    2/ Panaracer fire XC Pro, great all round tyres, excel in no particular terrain but are bad in none either, fairly fast rolling once you get the pressures up a bit, folders aren't bad on weight and seem to roll slightly better than wired/
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I can only find a female unfriendly tyre.
    1351971096-zombie-walk-on-southend-pier_1569763.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rapid_donkey
    rapid_donkey Posts: 448
    Haha cooldad that is ace!
    Cheers for the advice.
    I currently run Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1's and rate them highly, use them all year round. There was a massive rolling difference between these and the Nevegals they replaced.
    I see Panaracer do them in 1.8 which might be better for her too. Merlin are doing a deal, 2 tyres and 2 tubes for £45 delivered, but it is only on 2.1's.
    My other option is fit my Panaracers on to her bike, and get myself some new rubber. Been thinking of some Black Chilli Continentals for a while, or a Maxxis combination of Ardent/Aspen/High Roller etc.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I run a 2.1 up front and a 1.8 out back, works for me.....

Fitting yours on hers so you can get new ones for yourself is clearly the right way forward!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Female friendly tyres? That's a new one!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I like Panaracer Fire XC Pro's too - or Cinders would be another option? Doesn;t sound like she needs anything too aggressive so they would be more than adequate :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • jsync
    jsync Posts: 120
    I'd recommend cinders too for pines, or the omes I sent to you in a pm (although I haven't used the latter)