Turbo sessions after long layoff

rob39
rob39 Posts: 479
Had a hip injury some time ago and forced me off the bike for a good 8 months, but been given the all clear to do some in door riding (turbo) (they don't want me on the road just yet just in case I come off) Of course all this time off the bike and being inactive I've put the beef on. Any one recommend any fat burning turbo sessions????

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    'Fat burning' in isolation is a bit of a myth - pretty much anything you do on the turbo will burn fat.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    steady hour with a few mod efforts before breakfast....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rob39
    rob39 Posts: 479
    Imposter wrote:
    'Fat burning' in isolation is a bit of a myth - pretty much anything you do on the turbo will burn fat.
    Correct, I should have worded the post better, should have asked what kind of session should I do to get the best benefit to loose some weight.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    For a given duration, high intensity efforts will burn more calories than low intensity, but HIIT might not be the best thing to start with if you have been off the bike for 8 months.

I would just ride some steady efforts on the turbo for now, and work on your weight through your diet.