Which saddle?

waterfalll
waterfalll Posts: 83
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
I know it's completely personal preference and you should give each saddle time but my San marco ponza has decided to bend and looks knackered so it's time for a new one!
Can anyone suggest saddles which are comfortable and would be suitable for mid distance riding for someone with a skinny frame who doesn't weigh much?
Would love to try some out but nowhere nearby seems to have much of a range :o

Comments

• mrbrightside
    mrbrightside Posts: 214
    Try fiziks website, I needed a new saddle and have no local shops either.

They have essentially 3 different saddles in their range a easy guide to select which ones for you. Other manufacturers I looked at circa 12 in their ranges...
  • sl06
    sl06 Posts: 2
    Williams cycling have nice saddle and a Try out program in the state. Super lite with carbon rail.
    I have just order the Enduro model. Currently have a WTB Silverado which I love. Light and confortable for long ride.
    Saddle are like shoes, What fit one dont necessary fit others.
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Recommend fizik kurve saddles. I have 2 bulls. Are the business!
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Well I've tried loads.....
    Finally, I borrowed a Specialized Romin off a club member and it was a revelation.. Actually felt like I was sitting on it, rather than my nuts getting rubbed away...
    But were all different...
  • barrie h
    barrie h Posts: 102
    vespario wrote:
    Recommend fizik kurve saddles. I have 2 bulls. Are the business!

I bought a Kurve Bull, I like it but I found the nose had to be down slightly more than my older Arione,
    But for me Its very confortable

Barrie
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    rowlers wrote:
    Well I've tried loads.....
    Finally, I borrowed a Specialized Romin off a club member and it was a revelation.. Actually felt like I was sitting on it, rather than my nuts getting rubbed away...
    But were all different...

For me its the Selle SMP range - I like the statos.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Saddles are a complete nightmare in my experience!

I bought a Fizik Kurve Bull - didn't get on with it at all.

Bought a Spesh S-Works Toupe - very sporty I'm sure but insufferably inflexible - like sitting on a brick.

I had a Spesh Romin which was okay - I found it very fickle on getting the position just right.

I've recently fitted a Spesh Toupe Pro which has a little bit of flex lacking in the S Works model. I had a toupe before and I think that it's as close as I'm going to get for long distance comfort (decent shorts essential with it though!).

This thread reminds me that I must off load some saddles!!

Peter
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Im on my second arione with carbon rails and its lovely for me but personal choice. I will only use fizik as they work for me
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    PS I have a Fizik Alliante on my commuter and it has been pretty good for 2 or 3 years - much better for me than the Kurve. I still prefer the idea of a cut out in the saddle (Spesh Toupe or Romin) to help take pressure off the undercarriage.

Peter