Help with spoke size

ted ringer
ted ringer Posts: 5
edited May 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I've just bought some new hubs, Novatec front D811SB (FH) - Novatec and rear D812SB (RH) - Novatec 32 hole versions, I now intend on buying some Mavic XC717 V-brake rims, and some DT Swiss Competition Spokes, and having these wheels made up locally. My problems as the title suggests is I have no idea what size spokes to buy, I've looked at the various calculators on the Internet but none I have found list these hubs. So was wondering if anyone kind enough could point me in the right direction or workout what I need, I've found some spokes at reasonable price that come with 12mm brass nipples, which I take it will be ok ?, I just need to know what sizes to order.

Thank you.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    just take the hubs and rims to the wheel builder and let them supply the spokes.

have a read of sheldons pages or Parktools for info on measuring hubs (or even Hopes web page)
    also find the ERD for the rim.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    infact fron the tech links sticky above try this

http://lenni.info/edd/
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown