Bloody over zealous moderators

Can't you guys exercise some restraint and common sense.

I just replied to an ad for an item I wanted to buy. The seller had two identical items one of which had sold. It looks like you pulled the plug on the second ad despite me posting a reply to it and expressing an interest.

I dont now have the item details , the size of the item of clothing and the link the seller provided to the specifications.

The seller is well established on here so is unlikely to be a columbian drugs baron laundering vast sums of cash by selling secondhand cycle parts in the UK or a Nigerian mobile phone scammer into diversification.

I can understand the theory behind deleting duplicate ads but come on, not one that has received a response.

Well done.
Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

Comments

• Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I pulled the plug on it, there can't be one rule for one and a different rule for another.

Why don't you contact the seller by PM and sort it out?

And if the seller is established then he should know the rules, i.e. no duplicate ads.
  • That might well be the case but some discretion might have been welcome.

In this instance I had managed to contact the seller. But what if I had not ?
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
  • Velonutter
    That is not our problem, it's the sellers problem, the rules are there for everyone to read and if he didn't read them then that is his problem not ours.
  • Always understanding, thats what I like about the moderation on this site.
  • Velonutter wrote:
    I pulled the plug on it, there can't be one rule for one and a different rule for another.

Ok, so why was my sellers ad removed and yet this one remained, albeit locked, but it is still there for all to see?

viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=12921486
  • Velonutter
    I left it there to show others how some sellers try to abuse the rules, you didn't break any rules only the seller did.
  • cavmem1
    cavmem1 Posts: 139
    edited August 2013
    Sorry wrong forum please diregard
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    cavmem1 wrote:
    I had a similar issue, i had an advert up and its now locked with 'no bumping i will lock it' as i wasnt bumping i feel this is extremely harsh, i had only put 'sensible offers before ebay' as a post which i had seen people do before. The moderator i feel has been over zealous in this instance. If this is the way this website is going i think i will just sack it off and have my account closed.
    yes you were bumping.

if you had (in the last ost) reduced the price then that would have been ok.

also there is a preview button which it is recommended (in the rules and guide) that you use. you would then see that your photo links did not work.

so to sum up. i can not see anything wrong with the locking of your post. personally i would have deleted it and told you to reread the rules and the guide.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cavmem1
    Ok i see but how about a quiet word which would have resolved this before it gets to this?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and it was reported by a fellow user as bumping.

how about reading and following the rules and the guide and taking some responsibility for your advert?

working links would have got you possible sale in the first few views?

we are not here to monitor every post. again if you had read the rules you could have reported your failed links and asked sfor someone to see if they could fix it. but instead you just wrote this
    cavmem1 wrote:
    Sorry don't understand what the issue is i will happily email any one photos unless one of the mods can help resolve the issue
    Thanks
    John

no who is going to read that? someone who can do something about it nope.

what else can we do.

the rules are there 1 to make it easier for people to sell things. 2 to tell you what to do if you get things wrong 3 to help people not get stung. we even tell you what will happen if you dont follow the rules.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cavmem1
    Please close and delete my account. This had been resolved but to be honest based off your last post you can shove it.