J&L Garmin edge mount

tubbs_214
tubbs_214 Posts: 185
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
hello spotted some of these on ebay, and they look like a chaper alternative to a k edge mount, i was just wandering if anybody has any experience of these before i get one. ill be using it with a edge 800 just for when im doing time trails,

any help appreciated

Comments

• d87francis
    d87francis Posts: 136
    I'm deciding between the two, but reckon I shall go with the k-edge as it puts the garmin aerodynamically in line with the handlebars, whereas the J&L one puts the garmin above the bars. It's a bit more but looks like a much nicer product.

Interested to see if anyone has tried both.
  • charlie_potatoes
    charlie_potatoes Posts: 1,921
    To my eyes it looks poor quality. I have got the Garmin version and the SRAM.
    The Garmin version, like the K edge, puts the Garmin in line with the stem/bars but is expensive (£30ish)
    The Sram version has the unit sitting slightly above the stem/bars. It works fine and is a reasonable quality and only £15 delivered from UK sellers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sram-Garmin-GPS-Computer-Handlebar-Bike-Mount-31-8mm-/310663601432?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Activity_Monitoring_MJ&hash=item4854fe5d18
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Bought the J&L one a few weeks back and it was snapped on arrival, guy has been decent with a replacement en route. Meanwhile coughed up for the k-edge and the quality is night and day. The J&L will go on the turbo bike but in future couldnt see past the k-edge.