Couple of quick sizing questions

englander
englander Posts: 232
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi all, I'm hovering over the buy button for some DHB Aereon bib shorts and some DHB M1.0 SPD shoes. I preferred the look of the Shimano M077s but they only seem to have size 38 and 39 in stock or something.

Anyway, i can't for the life of me work out whether I should get a medium or large for the bib shorts. I'm 6'0", 42" chest, 32" waist, 32" leg, athletic build. I imagine a few people on here have these very shorts and could offer some advice?

As for the shoes, I've never bought shoes in EU sizing, but I'm an UK 11/11.5 in most trainers. I'm swaying between 47 and 48... am I close?

Thanks.
Specialized Allez 2010
Strava

Comments

• If your credit card can take it buy 2 sizes & send the unwanted items back pronto, I think wiggle still do the free post return , better than buying the wrong size.
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Englander wrote:
    Hi all, I'm hovering over the buy button for some DHB Aereon bib shorts and some DHB M1.0 SPD shoes. I preferred the look of the Shimano M077s but they only seem to have size 38 and 39 in stock or something.

Anyway, i can't for the life of me work out whether I should get a medium or large for the bib shorts. I'm 6'0", 42" chest, 32" waist, 32" leg, athletic build. I imagine a few people on here have these very shorts and could offer some advice?

As for the shoes, I've never bought shoes in EU sizing, but I'm an UK 11/11.5 in most trainers. I'm swaying between 47 and 48... am I close?

Thanks.
    I am almost exactly the same size as you and take a large in those shorts. They fit well. Don't wash them any more than 30 degrees or the white bits go a bit grey. As for the shoes I went size up in my Dhb mtb shoes. They did me well for 18 months but now they are only for MTB use.
  • englander
    Indeed, Wiggle do a free returns via Collect+ thing... I'll order the 47 and 48, then return one later in the week!

EDIT: the 48s are out of stock until mid May... Guess I'm getting the 47s then.

I'll go for the large bib shorts as well I think.
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • wills1880
    wills1880 Posts: 112
    I have some DHB Aeron bibs in medium and I'm 5ft 11" with a 32 inch waist and they fit me perfect.
    Best - Cube Litening Super HPC
    Winter - Felt F85,
    Nippers - Cube Princess 160
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/542687
  • englander
    Just an update for the benefit of people searching in the future:

The medium was a little short on my legs so I went for the large and it's perfect - not too big at all which I thought it might be. As for the shoes, it turns out the a 47 was perfect, and I'm typically a size 11 in trainers. A 48 would have been too big. The DHBs are really comfy and the cleats are really easy to attach - highly recommended all round.

And just to add, I've been playing with my shoes + pedals in my living room and I absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow morning to try them out on the road! They feel like an amazing step up from flat pedals!
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava